ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL series version 1.7 firmware announced  (Read 11573 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Yamaha CL series version 1.7 firmware announced
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 04:50:34 PM »

The 'difficulty' and resultant chasing of tails was entirely my failing to see that the console had come up in a different network state than I had expected.  My reloading the software a second time was because I ASSumed that the firmware update had failed rather than there being a misconfiguration. 

Plug and play is only as good as the player.   Much as I would like all of the vendors I buy from to make their user interfaces as well thought out as say an iPhone I still find the Yamaha / Dante implementation more flexible and manageable than some of the competitors.

Would you place the difficulty with Yamaha or Dante? The future of Dante is very much tied to easy "plug'n'play". Otherwise it is on its way to  another wayside network attempt.

Tyler Payne

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 11:29:18 PM »

Took the dive: Updated all components today, both CL5 and RIO. Everything went without a hitch.. Really only got to do some functionality checks and pass some playback through the RIO box today. I'll get to prove reliability next week when the shows start back up; or I'll be reporting on how badly it FUBAR-d  :P. Definitely some cool stuff in this update, let's hope we don't all have to roll back! (knock on wood)

I have a Windows 7 laptop that does the job, but my 8.1 won't.
Hmm.. Ran the entire update process with my MS Surface Pro (8.1). No issues at all. DO make sure your firewall is OFF (that did almost get me).
Otherwise everything went according to Yamaha's How-to-update guide(s)..

Happy Updating!

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »

Scott,
My experience has been different.  I've yet to successfully update Dante from a Windows platform.  On the other hand, I have had zero problems updating CL's or RIO's Dante firmware via OSX platforms.

Still waiting a bit this time around...
Kevin H.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kevin and I have had identical experiences with the Dante updates and Windows. The first updates, over a year ago, I did it all with Windows. The last one, two windows boxes would not connect to the devices to do the Dante updates. All security programs disabled and shut down, all firewalls off (only after disconnecting from the internet, of course).

Actually, since I have one of each (Mac and PC), it's more convenient to use two machines so you aren't changing network settings between Rio and Dante updates. I think Kevin is doing the same thing.

I'm just poking around to see if anyone has updated and how the updates went. For time's sake, I really need to update both of ours next week.

Geri O

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:55:24 AM by Geri O'Neil »

Scott Helmke

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »

I did ours Monday or Tuesday. Pretty much the same as all the previous updates. I use one computer, but I do all the Rio updates w/ the Yamaha stuff in a batch first, then change the computer settings and do all the Audinate updates in a second batch.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.