ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL series version 1.7 firmware announced  (Read 9440 times)

Scott Helmke

Re: Yamaha CL series version 1.7 firmware announced
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:21 pm »

Doing it today or tomorrow. I'm not too worried about it.

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 04:14:50 pm »

Anyone bite the bullet on this yet?

Done. Major gotcha for me: I backed up the console on a USB stick before the upgrade. After the upgrade I restored from the USB stick and found that anything that wasn't part of a scene (administrator prefs such as UDKs, custom faders, etc.) were forgotten. Makes sense now. My Dante patching was also shuffled a bit.

However, once I had gotten to upgrading CL Editor on my laptop, I sinc'ed "PC>console" and now it has the option to include Dante patching in that sync. That sync also included all of the user prefs and they were properly restored.

Biggest pain is having to use Windows to upgrade the Yamaha firmware on the RIO boxes. Console doesn't care, as it upgrades firmware from the USB, and Dante updater runs in either OS. The RIO firmware updater only speaks Windows.

Overall looks like a very worthy update.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Scott Helmke

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 04:48:58 pm »

Biggest pain is having to use Windows to upgrade the Yamaha firmware on the RIO boxes. Console doesn't care, as it upgrades firmware from the USB, and Dante updater runs in either OS. The RIO firmware updater only speaks Windows.

I believe that the Dante firmware on the CL consoles still needs to be updated from a Windows computer, in addition to the USB console firmware update.

They did update the Dante firmware with this update - all new version numbers in the CL setup screen.

Kevin Hoober

• Brandon, MS
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 08:05:23 pm »

I believe that the Dante firmware on the CL consoles still needs to be updated from a Windows computer, in addition to the USB console firmware update.

Scott,
My experience has been different.  I've yet to successfully update Dante from a Windows platform.  On the other hand, I have had zero problems updating CL's or RIO's Dante firmware via OSX platforms.

Still waiting a bit this time around...
Kevin H.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scott Helmke

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 09:13:02 pm »

Scott,
My experience has been different.  I've yet to successfully update Dante from a Windows platform.  On the other hand, I have had zero problems updating CL's or RIO's Dante firmware via OSX platforms.

Yes... I've only been able to do the Dante firmware updates from an XP machine. Windows 7 never seems to work, though I'm told it should.

Frederik Rosenkjær

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 04:28:28 am »

Yes... I've only been able to do the Dante firmware updates from an XP machine. Windows 7 never seems to work, though I'm told it should.

I have a Windows 7 laptop that does the job, but my 8.1 won't.
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Riley Casey

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:19 pm »

Updated the firmware in our single CL5 and RIO32 boxes today with a minor hiccup.  Seems the default start up condition for the CL console is in redundant network mode.  This prevented the number one box from being recognized so it took some time and aggravation in reboots and reloading of software before I noticed that little detail on the Dante screen.  Other than that all worked as advertised… so far.

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 01:40:45 pm »

Would you place the difficulty with Yamaha or Dante? The future of Dante is very much tied to easy "plug'n'play". Otherwise it is on its way to  another wayside network attempt.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • back home in Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

Would you place the difficulty with Yamaha or Dante?

I don't know, but Yamaha needs to get with Audinate and figure out a much simpler update solution for all of their products. Having to make 6 different updates (CL firmware, RIO Firmware, Dante update) on three different devices is a PITA.
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Scott Helmke

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

Would you place the difficulty with Yamaha or Dante? The future of Dante is very much tied to easy "plug'n'play". Otherwise it is on its way to  another wayside network attempt.

It's Audinate's update software, which Yamaha bundles with their own updates. I don't recall having had any difficulties with Yamaha's own Rio updater.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.