ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Update?  (Read 53667 times)

Cristoffer Wernqvist

Re: Midas Pro Series Update?
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »

They are just following the other school of thought, as did many British consoles back from analogue days, that asks why would you not want to EQ the channels of your monitor mix.  Make your PA and monitors both sound right and the EQ should be right for both.  Or so the theory goes.  A bit scary when you first go for a drive like that, but it becomes second nature after a bit.

Well, I get that Midas want to appeal older engineers etc but it just feels dumb not to implement a feature of that importance that every other console have.
I would really like to hear the explanation about this being a hardware issue.

My main problem though is not the pre/post eq feature. It is that neither I nor the singer usually want the vocals compressed and de-essed in the monitors/IEMs and it's really annoying to not have ability to send before dynamics.
Not just for the vocalist and how he/she controls his/hers dynamics when singing, but also for cymbal bleed and room acoustics. Not so nice to have a pumpin' drum hall sound or smashing cymbals in the IEMs when stepping away from the mic...

I mean, isn't it better to enable this feature and every body who want eq and dynamics in the monitors can just leave it while we who really need the feature can have a better workflow?

Peter Morris

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2015, 11:28:56 PM »

Well, I get that Midas want to appeal older engineers etc but it just feels dumb not to implement a feature of that importance that every other console have.
I would really like to hear the explanation about this being a hardware issue.

My main problem though is not the pre/post eq feature. It is that neither I nor the singer usually want the vocals compressed and de-essed in the monitors/IEMs and it's really annoying to not have ability to send before dynamics.
Not just for the vocalist and how he/she controls his/hers dynamics when singing, but also for cymbal bleed and room acoustics. Not so nice to have a pumpin' drum hall sound or smashing cymbals in the IEMs when stepping away from the mic...

I mean, isn't it better to enable this feature and every body who want eq and dynamics in the monitors can just leave it while we who really need the feature can have a better workflow?

I believe it has something to do with number of signal paths available within the DSP engine they have chosen or something to that effect.

The work around for me is more or less “Y” patching the vocal channels (e.g. 32-39 to 40-48) in the console setup – one set for fold back the other for FOH.

With a Pro2 doing monitors from FOH applications there is usally plenty of channels.

Peter

Wesley van de Haterd

• VDH Audio
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »

I've heard an unofficial message of the release of the Midas Pro V3 software at Frankfurt.
I think it is quite unlikely since the last update is not that long ago, but maybe anyone of you guys heard something?

Wesley van de Haterd

• VDH Audio
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 11:35:25 AM »

And here is the preview of the V3 software..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0KvvF9U00&spfreload=10

Things like the De-esser and the spectrum analyzer can come very handy!
To bad you must give up an FX slot for De-essing.
Curious what else they have coming with this update!

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »

And here is the preview of the V3 software..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0KvvF9U00&spfreload=10

Things like the De-esser and the spectrum analyzer can come very handy!
To bad you must give up an FX slot for De-essing.
Curious what else they have coming with this update!

The spectrum analyzer will be great, glad to see they are bringing that over.  The de-esser will also be great.  Now all they have to do is fix that blasted iPad app and give us gain!  I would hope that will launch with v3.   
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Liam Huggins

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »

The spectrum analyzer will be great, glad to see they are bringing that over.  The de-esser will also be great.  Now all they have to do is fix that blasted iPad app and give us gain!  I would hope that will launch with v3.
Well said that man! They also need to fix the graphic eq problem that you can't reset individual frequencies with a button press!

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 01:14:12 PM »

Well said that man! They also need to fix the graphic eq problem that you can't reset individual frequencies with a button press!

access to the compressor and gate would also be a godsend  ;D

k

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2015, 08:17:59 PM »

Let's just say it...  Port the X32 iPad app to the pro series.   Most of the features we are asking for are already in the x32.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:24:31 AM by Kyle Van Sandt »
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Peter Morris

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 08:40:44 PM »

Let's just say it...  Port the X32 app to the pro series.   Most of the features we are asking for are already in the x32.

Now you're really blurring the line between Midas and Behringer ….  :o

Like the X32 I just want pre EQ fold back sends. The Pro2 is our least used and least profitable desk because it cannot do pre EQ sends! But in so many other ways I love using the Midas.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 04:07:03 AM by Peter Morris »

Cristoffer Wernqvist

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2015, 02:49:17 AM »

Anyone who knows or got a hint about when they'll release v3? Would be great to have it before summer touring begins (so we can discover bugs before we hit the road)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2015, 02:49:17 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.