ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Update?  (Read 42424 times)

Kyle Van Sandt

Re: Midas Pro Series Update?
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 01:57:48 pm »

Holy F#ck!  No fear.  I guess that desperate times call for desperate measures.

Well, it was for a morning "learning on stage" kids show... so I had about 45 minutes from the time sound check ended and the kids all got in the room.  Still, not fun... but I should have dropped the stick when I flipped the desk in the morning. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Doug Hammel

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 03:15:35 pm »

Holy F#ck!  No fear.  I guess that desperate times call for desperate measures.

+1 Those hardware updates are usually shop events. Did that once with a PM-5d in monitor land and it took out the last 16ch pre-amp module and of course this was right before soundcheck. Had to call in a sub rental. While we were waiting the band engineer asked if I was going to update the FOH 5d. I think my look told him what he needed to know >:(
Doug Hammel

dougcvaudio@gmail.com

Eric Frazier

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »

Do the update!  I rolled out our monitor rig and forgot to run the update before the sound check... had the noise burst issue while running 2.2.  Updated (nailbiter) during break and didn't have the issue again.  Never had that issue with 2.2 on the FOH console.

The real reason we did the update the day it was released is we were having issues saving shows.  Every time we went to save the show file we got a corrupted error code. 

2.3 has been rock solid for us.  Done a dozen or so shows on it and have zero issues.

I did the update the next night after talking with Steve from Midas who was very helpful. I have used the board for about seven services since with no issues. However, I was still nervous because Steve hadn't heard of anyone else who had the noise burst problem with 2.2. I feel better knowing that you haven't had any issues since.

I am curious if you have used any effects since you updated. I had just setup some new effects when I had the problem. Not sure if there is a connection.

Anyway, now I have several speakers to repair :( and a lot of people who will be nervous for a while.

I think from here on out I will wait a good while before I run the updates.

Thanks,

Eric
Eric Frazier

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 09:17:54 pm »

I did the update the next night after talking with Steve from Midas who was very helpful. I have used the board for about seven services since with no issues. However, I was still nervous because Steve hadn't heard of anyone else who had the noise burst problem with 2.2. I feel better knowing that you haven't had any issues since.

I am curious if you have used any effects since you updated. I had just setup some new effects when I had the problem. Not sure if there is a connection.

Anyway, now I have several speakers to repair :( and a lot of people who will be nervous for a while.

I think from here on out I will wait a good while before I run the updates.

Thanks,

Eric

Yup, we have use several.  Not sure what, our FOH guy would know but I know he has used them. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Duane Rodakowski

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »

I have no hard proof that that the noise I heard yesterday (pink noise, or super high noise floor) was related to a software version, but...

When I changed an aux outputs EQ from the default 6 band parametric to an available 1/3rd oct in the Graphics rack. BANG, pink noise, and as I I'd enable disable the EQ section, the noise would turn on and off.  I then assigned a 1/3 oct EQ in a different rack space and the noise problem stopped.  WTF? I'll wait to update the software until we are out of our show run. (Currently running V2.2)

James Hurley

• A Brave Mix
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:06 am »

DL1G2.3.1rel-40 was posted on Feb 28th... Anyone know what they changed or addressed? Midas?
Anyone tried it?
Sincerely,
James Hurley
Owner/Lead Engineer
A Brave Mix, LLC

Jon Crocker

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:29 am »

DL1G2.3.1rel-40 was posted on Feb 28th... Anyone know what they changed or addressed? Midas?
Anyone tried it?

Would love to know. I can never understand why there's not a version tracking document uploaded to the documentation folder on the FTP site. There must be some sort of document like that internally.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 10:05:29 am »

Would love to know. I can never understand why there's not a version tracking document uploaded to the documentation folder on the FTP site. There must be some sort of document like that internally.
They have to translate it from german chinese first.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:25 am »

It's the Midas way.  You accept it when you buy into the brand.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

jason misterka

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:33 am »

I think they are trying to build a personal relationship between end user and tech support.  This way you HAVE to call them on their cell phone at all hours to ask them.  That is what I am going to do at least...

While seemingly inefficient it forces a friendly interpersonal chat that would never take place if "proper" documentation were sent to the user (ie a "Users Network"), or at least minimally, placed in a "secret" folder on the internet for the user to find.  Sorta like a game of hide and seek!

Jason

IMPORTANT NOTE: this post contains sarcasm.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:33 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.