ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro Series Update?  (Read 53657 times)

David Jameson

• SR Forums
Midas Pro Series Update?
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:04 AM »

Just noticed that DL1G2.3rel-51 is listed on the Midas download site for the Pro1.  Anyone know what is new with it or the fixes?  Anyone installed it?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:55:16 PM by David Jameson »
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625
jameson_prod at bellsouth.net

Jon Crocker

Re: Midas Pro series Update?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »

I've been searching for an answer to this. My guess is that it relates to bug fixes (I've had some weird sync anomalies that don't seem to negatively affect performance) and compatibility with new products. 15x i/o boxes, new DN9650 firmware, etc... Would love some hard info though.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »

I've been searching for an answer to this. My guess is that it relates to bug fixes (I've had some weird sync anomalies that don't seem to negatively affect performance) and compatibility with new products. 15x i/o boxes, new DN9650 firmware, etc... Would love some hard info though.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

David Jameson

• SR Forums
Re: Midas Pro series Update?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »

I have not actually found the info but I did go ahead and update both of our Pro Series consoles.  The changes are behind the scenes and not something cosmetic....that I see anyway. 

Good luck.
Jameson Productions
Anderson, SC 29625
jameson_prod at bellsouth.net

Jelmer de Jong

Re: Midas Pro Series Update?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »

Just noticed that DL1G2.3rel-51 is listed on the Midas download site for the Pro1.  Anyone know what is new with it or the fixes?  Anyone installed it?

Thanks.
A programming-bug which has been there for years, but didn't have any impact due to enough dsp&memory resources. At the latest update the dsp-reservations have been streched so there was less room for error. This resulted in some crashing consoles. G2.3 fixes this bug but doensn't  bring anyhting new to the engineer.

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »

Ran a dozen shows on it on our Pro2 FOH desk without issue.  Next time I get the monitor rig out it will go on it... no issues to report here.  Had some massive issues with 2.2 that were all cleared up with this release. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

Eric Frazier

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »

Ran a dozen shows on it on our Pro2 FOH desk without issue.  Next time I get the monitor rig out it will go on it... no issues to report here.  Had some massive issues with 2.2 that were all cleared up with this release.

Kyle, I'm curious what issues you had with 2.2? I had severe noise burst problems with that version that seemed to be fixed in 2.3 but I am still nervous that it will happen again.

Thanks, Eric Frazier
Eric Frazier

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber