ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor Dance Party In City Park, 85 dB @ 100' Limit - What Speakers to Use?  (Read 11312 times)

sbjacob

I live in Austin, Texas and recently decided that to organize a free, public 12-hour dance party at a local park. My preferred spot is available on the date that I want and the permit cost for a 250-person event is doable. This is going to happen.

The sound permit will limit SPL to 85 dB as measured 100' in front of the source. What does this practically mean in terms of the speakers that I should use? I have plenty of time to plan for the event and want the sound pumping.

My home audio system is a Corsair SP2500 (http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-High-Power-Speaker-CA-SP211NA/dp/B004H0MQYW) which I have successfully used to DJ small outdoor parties in the past. The satellite speakers look pretty puny but they pack a real punch and the subwoofer can make a backyard rumble. I want the music on the dance floor to be as cleanly loud as possible. Will my SP2500 system be able to reach the maximum SPL allowed by my sound permit or should I look into borrowing or renting a PA system?

Thank you!

Hi Yair I have done a few of these outside parties with sound limits and the main problem I ran into was when the people started to scream and yell it drove it over the limit . When I setup the City guys were there to check the limits at the boarder line and I turned the system up until it hit the limit to give me a idea based on the position of the gains but when playing music later the combination of music and people set it over the limit below where the gains were during testing  and was just using a pair of Klipsch Industrial La scala's.
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.