Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > AC Power and Grounding

Busted power strip....

(1/3) > >>

Tommy Peel:
Found this when I was setting up the PA for our Tuesday Night youth church service(we have to setup and tear down our rig every week). One of the band members had the thing hooked up with a couple of instrument amps plugged into it before I noticed..... :O

Needless to say it's deep in the trash now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Barry Singleton:
On the bright side, at least it's the neutral side.

Kevin Graf:
"One of the band members"
Let me guess:  it was the bass player?

Tommy Peel:

--- Quote from: Kevin Graf on October 30, 2013, 10:37:37 AM ---"One of the band members"
Let me guess:  it was the bass player?

--- End quote ---
Well he wasn't playing bass last night, but he does on occasion(along with electric guitar, drums, keys, and banjo). The bass amp was one of the things plugged into it when  I found it though. ;D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jordan Wolf:

--- Quote from: Tommy Peel on October 29, 2013, 11:34:51 PM ---Found this when I was setting up the PA for our Tuesday Night youth church service...

--- End quote ---
Ooh...what an appropriate thread!

We found this at our corporate event just a few days ago.  Apparently someone doing overnight cleaning had an issue - the strip was still plugged in and the "ON" light glowing when we found it.  Oh, and the HOT pin was still stuck in the slot that had arced...

Needless to say, I cut the cord off of it and brought it home so I know it won't be used again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version