Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipad  (Read 25069 times)

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Ipad
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:30 PM »

OK, so now that the new app is out and it appears 99% of the requested features have been added I've ordered an Ipad. Retina display, WiFi, 16gb. That should do it I think, but just in case, does anyone see why it won't??

Get a shock case or you will discover why so many users of apple products are used to looking through cracked screens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »

Get a shock case or you will discover why so many users of apple products are used to looking through cracked screens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Seriously? Only Apple screens? I guess no other brand of mobile device can break. Except that 2 out of 3 mobile phones in my house are Samsung, and the only uncracked screen is the iPhone. I have never had a case on either of my iPhones since the 3G and have never had crack despite keeping them in my shirt pocket where they fall out onto tile floors often. No cracks in my iPad v1 either although it lives in the original flip over case.

Mac

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »

I've already "hipped" Bob to the LifeProof "tip".

Bob, that's plenty of iPad for your needs.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 06:14:25 PM »

OK, so now that the new app is out and it appears 99% of the requested features have been added I've ordered an Ipad. Retina display, WiFi, 16gb. That should do it I think, but just in case, does anyone see why it won't??

Stagemix, ViSi 1, and X32 control all run great on an iPad 2 for me! Yours should be very quick.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 07:44:50 PM »

Because it knows you're really an analog guy at heart? Just kidding!

Our iPads are all 1st generation, and the one being used to mix with is connecting to our wireless AP and taking control of the PC (running AirFader) via VNC.

Yours should more than do the job - best of luck with it!

Best regards,
Bob

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »

Seriously? Only Apple screens? I guess no other brand of mobile device can break. Except that 2 out of 3 mobile phones in my house are Samsung, and the only uncracked screen is the iPhone. I have never had a case on either of my iPhones since the 3G and have never had crack despite keeping them in my shirt pocket where they fall out onto tile floors often. No cracks in my iPad v1 either although it lives in the original flip over case.

Mac

My iPad 1 still has no cracks on the screen despite have a couple of decent dents in the back(mostly from the previous owner) and my previous phone's, a Droid X, screen is still fine despite spending most of its life(over 2 years of it being my only phone)  outside of a case. So far this Nexus 4 has been fine but I've got a case on it. :-)   Then again I've seen a couple of the real estate agents where I work break their iPhone screens on multiple occasions and one of my friends has broken his Motorola Atrix HD's screen more than once...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »

Mac

Maybe it is my students and the way they treat their stuff, but yeah, 4 out of 5 cracked screens I see are apple products.

I really kind of assumed that the higher clarity glass on apples obviously better screen was just more brittle.

I am glad you have had better luck with yours.

Edit- Now that I think of it, I had a recent gig with a X32 and the provider had 2 iPads, both with the star cracks I seem to associate with apple screens.
Jay Barracato

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:35 PM »

I have to side with Mac on this. My company gives us Iphones to use and I don't know anyone who has had a broken screen. I use an Otter on mine and as recently as two weeks ago dropped it from the second floor walkway in a building atrium to the marble floor below. I was sure it was done, but no harm, no foul, no breakage.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 03:12:37 AM »

Go used and save money.  But how to do it without going insane from the 'just sold it' and 'I got it for $80, you can too' folks?  Go on Craigslist and place a WTB ad stating what you are interested in, and that you will buy only in person.  I had the model I wanted in the case I wanted at the price I wanted in only two days.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 06:40:06 AM »

I have to side with Mac on this. My company gives us Iphones to use and I don't know anyone who has had a broken screen. I use an Otter on mine and as recently as two weeks ago dropped it from the second floor walkway in a building atrium to the marble floor below. I was sure it was done, but no harm, no foul, no breakage.

All the better.

I wasn't brand bashing. I was stating my experience, and the conclusion about what I thought was an engineering tradeoff (clarity or strength). I am also perfectly aware that I am more likely to see iPads with cracked screens simply because I am more likely to see iPads than any other tablet.

If it really makes the chorus happy, I will amend to "Put any device (brand agnostic) in a protective case for show use."
Jay Barracato

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 06:40:06 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.