ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless transmission trough walls  (Read 21164 times)

David Allred

Re: Wireless transmission trough walls
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 09:34:17 AM »

Webster Dictionary

qual·i·fied
 adjective \ˈkwä-lə-ˌfīd\ 

: having the necessary skill, experience, or knowledge to do a particular job or activity : having the qualifications to do something

Funny.  ;)
I am sure no one here has ever done anything for the first time.  ::) Made their first custom mic cable.  Replaced a popped capacitor on a x-over board.  Connected their first powered sub.  Replaced a horn diaphragm.  Mixed monitors from FOH.  Used crunchy peanut butter, instead of smooth on a PB&J.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »

Funny.  ;)
I am sure no one here has ever done anything for the first time.  ::) Made their first custom mic cable.  Replaced a popped capacitor on a x-over board.  Connected their first powered sub.  Replaced a horn diaphragm.  Mixed monitors from FOH.  Used crunchy peanut butter, instead of smooth on a PB&J.

Two ways to learn how:

1. Trial and error
2. Learn from an expert

It appears you're not grasping what to do through this forum format. Therefore, I would suggest finding somebody who is familiar with this to show you in person...then you'll know forever.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:56:32 AM by Jamin Lynch »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 10:29:50 AM »

Two ways to learn how:

1. Trial and error
2. Learn from an expert

It appears you're not grasping what to do through this forum format. Therefore, I would suggest finding somebody who is familiar with this to show you in person...then you'll know forever.

Paying for the benefit of another person's experience is tuition.  Lots to be said for that:  happy clients, smarter me/employees, creating relationships with people who help me look good.

"If I have seen further... it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants..."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 10:38:07 AM »

Paying for the benefit of another person's experience is tuition.  Lots to be said for that:  happy clients, smarter me/employees, creating relationships with people who help me look good.

"If I have seen further... it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants..."

"if I give you one fish you will have one good meal. If I show you how to fish you eat good every meal."

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:11 AM »

"if I give you one fish you will have one good meal. If I show you how to fish you eat good every meal."

"The mighty lager with the great taste... of fish!"  - M. Python
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

David Allred

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »

Instead of paying an expert.  I posted here and got some usable info.  Contacting Shure, I got some useful info.  Watching a webinar posted to a reply on this thread.  I found what I was after.  Am I RF expert?  Far from it.  But I now feel comfortable enough to proceed.  It is now in the hands of my client to determine if they want to pay the extra $220 for the 2) 25 ft antenna wires and the 1/2 wavelength antennas to replace the 1/4 wavelengths that are stock on the BLX system, so the receiver can be in the sound room.  If not, on a perch it goes.  If we're lucky, might can leave the receiver in the sound room with no holes to be drilled anyway.

The purpose of this great forum is to do what just happened.  Those who know, sharing with those who don't.  And that is teaching someone how to fish.  Job well done.

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 02:29:36 AM »

Teach a man to fish, and you can sell him a ton of accessories.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 01:57:52 AM »

Teach a man to fish, and you can sell him a ton of accessories.

And eventually he will buy a boat.  The widows and orphans will wail, and gnash their teeth.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »

If the pond is in the woods and a tree falls and crushes his skull, will you hear the fish.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.