ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless transmission trough walls  (Read 21166 times)

David Allred

Re: Wireless transmission trough walls
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »

Why don't you test the install first, and then get back with any issues you may have. Put the antenna's up high above peoples heads and the body count won't mean much if anything at all.

Bob,
yes, the receiver will be about 6 ft up at the top of the rack.  I have arranged to purchase the desired unit with the condition that it can be returned if it doesn't perform.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »

Bob,
yes, the receiver will be about 6 ft up at the top of the rack.  I have arranged to purchase the desired unit with the condition that it can be returned if it doesn't perform.

6ft is not high. Many people are over 6' in shoes. Get the antenna up above people and in the same room as the transmitter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »

+100 - Above their heads, line of site w/ no obstructions.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »

This a 100' x 100' room.  Estimated max occupancy is 120-ish and dispersed pretty evenly, so a mass of bodies between the mic and receiver is extremely unlikely.
Are you saying that, if the reception is sub par, I should try just the 1/2 waves alone and only buy the wire and brackets if needed?  That would save about $150.

I've seen it happen in a 25x50 room that seats around 100; transmitter about 30 feet from the receiver. The signal was adequate and there were no dropouts during the service, but the display indicated a fair amount of signal attenuation that wasn't there when the room was empty.

If you're remote mounting the antennas, you'll probably need 1/2-waves anyway. So you might as well get them and try them directly on the receiver; it shouldn't hurt and might make enough difference -- and certainly less expensive then adding cables & connectors.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.