ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 02r v1->v2.xx ROM chip upgrade  (Read 3792 times)

Rich Barrett

Yamaha 02r v1->v2.xx ROM chip upgrade
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:50 PM »

I have a v1 Yamaha 02R and I found v2.16 ROM chips on eBay for cheap. How hard is it to upgrade the ROM? I've been searching online to no avail, prolly cause of the age of the mixer.

Is it as simple as popping a chip out of it's socket and pushing a new one in or is there more to it? say a special keypress sequence on initial startup or needing a midi connection to push commands? possibly soldering?

I asked the seller but no response so far - I have the skills to do the job, just need the info. thanks in advance! Rich

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
Re: Yamaha 02r v1->v2.xx ROM chip upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »

I have a v1 Yamaha 02R and I found v2.16 ROM chips on eBay for cheap. How hard is it to upgrade the ROM? I've been searching online to no avail, prolly cause of the age of the mixer.

Is it as simple as popping a chip out of it's socket and pushing a new one in or is there more to it? say a special keypress sequence on initial startup or needing a midi connection to push commands? possibly soldering?

I asked the seller but no response so far - I have the skills to do the job, just need the info. thanks in advance! Rich

It's a simple ROM change. I'm forgetting where it's located, but I don't remember having to take much apart to do it.  But for sure no special codes or voodoo.  Just put it in and turn it on.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Rich Barrett

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:47:44 AM »

It's a simple ROM change. I'm forgetting where it's located, but I don't remember having to take much apart to do it.  But for sure no special codes or voodoo.  Just put it in and turn it on.

Right on, thanks! I've had it open when I first got it - to blow out the dust. I think I saw a ROM chip that was accessed by removing one of the back panels. Will upload photos when I find it.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »

Right on, thanks! I've had it open when I first got it - to blow out the dust. I think I saw a ROM chip that was accessed by removing one of the back panels. Will upload photos when I find it.

That does ring a bell....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »

Remember to use (at least) an Anti-Static Wrist Strap.  ICs are particularly sensitive to static (and other) charges.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.