ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video switcher with DVR type function for delayed send to overflow room  (Read 4123 times)

Thomas Marshall

• Creative Sound and Lighting

For the past two years, i have been looking for this kind of solution. What I need is a DVR device that can take a feed from a video switcher, record the video and audio, and then as be able to play it on demand while still recording that feed.

What this is for is a church service, in the main sanctuary the service will start early and there will be another service in another room that starts about 10 minutes later but the message from the main sanctuary will be streamed to it. Does this make sense?

The device can be a combo DVR/Switcher device or two separate units. I understand a price for something like this will be somewhat expensive. It would need to be HD, if the budget permits. I would everything to use HD-SDI.

Thanks!

Gareth Marsh

Re: Video switcher with DVR type function for delayed send to overflow room
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:48:10 PM »

I'm sure there are more DVR type units around, but at the professional level you would be looking at a replay deck as used in the broadcast world. Most of them will be HDSDI these days.

There are also units like the Grass Valley T2 which have simultaneous record and playback, but I'm unsure of whether this can be of the same file.

Grass Valley also make replay systems. Both are serious money!

Gareth

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »

For the past two years, i have been looking for this kind of solution. What I need is a DVR device that can take a feed from a video switcher, record the video and audio, and then as be able to play it on demand while still recording that feed.

What this is for is a church service, in the main sanctuary the service will start early and there will be another service in another room that starts about 10 minutes later but the message from the main sanctuary will be streamed to it. Does this make sense?

The device can be a combo DVR/Switcher device or two separate units. I understand a price for something like this will be somewhat expensive. It would need to be HD, if the budget permits. I would everything to use HD-SDI.

Thanks!
TiVo. It's the only cost-effective, simple-to-use solution I've been able to find. Not HD, though.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »

TiVo. It's the only cost-effective, simple-to-use solution I've been able to find. Not HD, though.
So...went out for a smoke break, and had a brainstorm.

Get a DVEO Apollo IX, or similar, HDSDI-->QAM box. Install an HD Tivo in the remote room. Tune the TiVo to your custom station, record, and playback.

In theory, anyway...

Andrew Cunningham

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 12:59:58 AM »

You have probably come up with a solution by this point, but Renewed Vision has technology designed for churches (and it could be applied in corporate a/v use too) for exactly this purpose. It is called ProVideoServer (http://www.renewedvision.com/pvs.php). Not SDI based but IP network streamed.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 12:59:58 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.