ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xti2000 factory reset?  (Read 8155 times)

Alex Sudbrink

Xti2000 factory reset?
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

Does anyone know if I can do a factory reset of a crown xti2000?  I have one where channel two is acting funny. It passes audio but it sounds as though all the mids have been cut. I have ruled out all other potential problems like cables and the speaker by testing on the good channel and it all sounds correct.  I set it to the "DSP OFF" setting and it still sounds the same. I have yet to hook it up to my computer and have a look with band manager but I was thinking of trying a factory reset to see if there was just a problem in the DSP somewhere that could be resolved that way.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Xti2000 factory reset?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »

Does anyone know if I can do a factory reset of a crown xti2000?  I have one where channel two is acting funny. It passes audio but it sounds as though all the mids have been cut. I have ruled out all other potential problems like cables and the speaker by testing on the good channel and it all sounds correct.  I set it to the "DSP OFF" setting and it still sounds the same. I have yet to hook it up to my computer and have a look with band manager but I was thinking of trying a factory reset to see if there was just a problem in the DSP somewhere that could be resolved that way.

You do a factory reset by loading firmware into the amp with System Architect (Band Manager might do it, I've always used S.A.).  Even if you have the latest firmware, you can still re-load it.  This should zap any changes you've made and restore the amp to "out of the box" configuration.

Also, have you called Crown?  They're very helpful if you give them a couple of hours to call you back.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Alex Sudbrink

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »

You do a factory reset by loading firmware into the amp with System Architect (Band Manager might do it, I've always used S.A.).  Even if you have the latest firmware, you can still re-load it.  This should zap any changes you've made and restore the amp to "out of the box" configuration.

Also, have you called Crown?  They're very helpful if you give them a couple of hours to call you back.

I have not called Crown. I will try reloading the firmware and if that fails I will try calling. Thank you for your suggestions.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »

I have not called Crown. I will try reloading the firmware and if that fails I will try calling. Thank you for your suggestions.

I went back to your first post... have you tried loading a blank (empty) preset?  When working from the front panel I've had changes not get saved (probably due to my error).
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Alex Sudbrink

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »

I went back to your first post... have you tried loading a blank (empty) preset?  When working from the front panel I've had changes not get saved (probably due to my error).

As it was very late on Friday night when I was trouble shooting this issue, I cannot remember if I tried that or not.  Having been gone all weekend, I have not had a chance to pursue any more potential solutions.  I will report back later this week when I get a chance to try some of these things.

Thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.