ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha o1v96i / 01v96 Outboard fx insterting ?  (Read 4945 times)

BAHRAM NIKFAR

• ELASTICMAN RECORDS
Yamaha o1v96i / 01v96 Outboard fx insterting ?
« on: October 13, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »

Hi guys, im hoping someone can help me with the 01v96i

ive been using it fine for the last year using the internal effects but now im wanting to wire up my old outboard effects units.

Im finding it hard knowing how to do this as theres so many ways of doing things, the manual is not very helpful either.

Does anyone know how to set outboard effects units up in the console ?

hope someone can help.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

Hi guys, im hoping someone can help me

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
Re: Yamaha o1v96i / 01v96 Outboard fx insterting ?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »

Hi guys, im hoping someone can help me with the 01v96i

ive been using it fine for the last year using the internal effects but now im wanting to wire up my old outboard effects units.

Im finding it hard knowing how to do this as theres so many ways of doing things, the manual is not very helpful either.

Does anyone know how to set outboard effects units up in the console ?

hope someone can help.

There's two ways:

1).  Use the insert jacks on the front panel.  These are non-reroutable and are always associated with the analog preamp circuit in a one-to-one fashion.
These are typically used for stuff like compressors or gates that only affect one channel at the time.  From a latency standpoint, these are an advantageous way to insert outboard gear.

2).  Route signals out of the omni jacks (or the ADAT port, or an optional mini YGDAI card) and back into unused channel inputs (or the ADAT port, or an optional mini YGDAI card).
This could be set up for use on either the channel strip digital insert point or on AUX or BUS or master digital insert points, or to route an AUX bus into an external effects unit and then return the effect signal back into the desk.
Select a channel and hit "view" until you see the "parameter" screen.  Look for the insert on/off button.  Next to it there are two routing port number boxes.  This is where you patch physical ports to the digital insert point of that channel.

You can press the "patch" button until you see the input and output patch charts.  Cursor to a virtual port in the chart and turn the main encoder wheel until you get the physical port you wish to assign in the little box, and press "enter".  This is how you would typically assign the effects unit scenario mentioned above.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »

2).  Route signals out of the omni jacks (or the ADAT port, or an optional mini YGDAI card) and back into unused channel inputs (or the ADAT port, or an optional mini YGDAI card).

...or the SPDIF (Digital 2TR, 2TDL/R) port.  I hang a Lexicon there.
Mark McFarlane

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »

...or the SPDIF (Digital 2TR, 2TDL/R) port.  I hang a Lexicon there.

Good point, I missed that one.  I sometimes insert my MaxxBCL on the master bus using those connections :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.