Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

best speaker processor

(1/2) > >>

Eric Baker:
I'm looking for a new speaker processor my dcx2496 just stopped working after 4 and half years. Looking at spending no more then $500-$600. Or should I just get other dcx2496?

Bennett Prescott:

--- Quote from: Eric Baker on March 21, 2011, 02:36:36 PM ---I'm looking for a new speaker processor my dcx2496 just stopped working after 4 and half years. Looking at spending no more then $500-$600. Or should I just get other dcx2496?

--- End quote ---
You don't really mean "best", or you'd have a budget an order of magnitude greater.

Look at the EV DC-One, or the Xilica products. Both are better than the Behringer, which is the king of bargain basement DSP for a reason.

Have you considered buying a good unit used? I would not be afraid to use older XTA or BSS, which are available for a steal on eBay.

Eric Baker:

--- Quote from: Bennett Prescott on March 21, 2011, 02:55:45 PM ---You don't really mean "best", or you'd have a budget an order of magnitude greater.

Look at the EV DC-One, or the Xilica products. Both are better than the Behringer, which is the king of bargain basement DSP for a reason.

Have you considered buying a good unit used? I would not be afraid to use older XTA or BSS, which are available for a steal on eBay.

--- End quote ---
I guess I should have said best unit for 500-600. I don't mind used. Just as long as its a step up. It only needs to get me thought the summer till I can pay the ux8800

Bennett Prescott:

--- Quote from: Eric Baker on March 21, 2011, 03:05:19 PM ---I guess I should have said best unit for 500-600. I don't mind used. Just as long as its a step up. It only needs to get me thought the summer till I can pay the ux8800

--- End quote ---
If you have an EAW rig you need to buy a DSP that they have settings for. The Behringer will certainly not do. IIRC that means DriveRack 260 or XTA.

Ken Barlow:

--- Quote from: Eric Baker on March 21, 2011, 02:36:36 PM ---I'm looking for a new speaker processor my dcx2496 just stopped working after 4 and half years. Looking at spending no more then $500-$600. Or should I just get other dcx2496?

--- End quote ---

I have been using a DBX 260 for years without a hiccup. Make sure you have the latest software if you buy used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version