ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 mixer for Systune or Smaart Interface  (Read 3559 times)

William Abel

I'm at the researching stage of getting into system measurement. I have not decided between Systune or Smaart yet.

Will a Presonus Studio Live Mixer work for the Interface for either of these measurement programs?

Thanks,

Bill

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 mixer for Systune or Smaart Interface
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »

I'm at the researching stage of getting into system measurement. I have not decided between Systune or Smaart yet.

Will a Presonus Studio Live Mixer work for the Interface for either of these measurement programs?

Thanks,

Bill

Yes. 
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

Thanks,

Bill

Is it gear you already own? If not, I would call it overkill in size/channels.

I have personally debated the multiple channels of mics (which can be placed and then re-sampled without moving them) vs. a single channel that is wireless so it can be moved quickly (but has the disadvantage of possibly not placing the mic in the same location if you have to go back and re-measure). I think this comes down to measurement style and purpose. Personally I am leaning towards the single good wireless path.
Jay Barracato

William Abel

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »

I already own the studio Live mixer. I'm glad it will work. Until I learn what I would like in a smaller unit, it is nice to be able to use something I have.

Thanks,

Bill

Chris Tsanjoures

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »

I recently performed 16 transfer functions simultaneously with a 24.4.2 and my MacBook pro. It was AWESOME. If anyone knows how to post pictures to this forum, I would gladly share some screen shots.
I am employed by Rational Acoustics. Besides being a Product Manager for the Smaart Platform, I operate as a fully deployable Smaart Ninja (aka Instructor/System Guy).

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »

If anyone knows how to post pictures to this forum, I would gladly share some screen shots.

At the bottom of the screen where you are writing your post there is a button for "Attachments", hit that and select the jpg or tiff you want to post. It is best if you limit the width to less than 1000 pixels.

Mac

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

I recently performed 16 transfer functions simultaneously with a 24.4.2 and my MacBook pro. It was AWESOME. If anyone knows how to post pictures to this forum, I would gladly share some screen shots.

Click "Quote"(see screenshot 1) then Click "Attachments and other options"(screenshot 2) and you'll see a place to attach images.

Edit:
You can always delete the quoted text if you don't need it. If you've been using the quick reply there isn't an option for attachments there hence the clicking on "Quote"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:55:34 PM by Tommy Peel »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.