ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Stagemix app keeps disconnecting  (Read 15221 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: Yamaha Stagemix app keeps disconnecting
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »

I don't know, it's possible that when I changed the name, I also changed some other setting at the same time, and that other change is actually what fixed the problem. I really don't recall making any other changes, though (this was about a year and a half ago). The connection was dropping like clock work, every five minutes on the dot.

My Airport Express is second generation, recently purchased.  Is there a difference?

Hmmm...after checking Wikipedia I see the second generation Airport Express was released in June 2012 and offers "simultaneous dual-band".  Anyone know a little more about that?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:00:34 PM by Chuck Simon »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »

Yamaha has a 'support site' for Stagemix on Facebook. The conventional wisdom there is that 5ghz networks are less crowded as older 2.4 ghz devices still make up the bulk of the traffic.  I expect the truism becomes less true by  the day.  Next bit of conventional wisdom is that invisible networks simple have fewer hits from curious mobile phone users.  One observation from the Yamaha admins on the site is that they get more complaints about Apple Airport routers than other brands.  I have three Apple Airport routers for use with several consoles.  The Airport Extreme is pretty much solid, the two Airport Express units vary from moderately flaky to useless depending on the number of vowels in the day of the week or some other such variable.

Michael Miller

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »

Hello,

I've searched the forum for related topics and found a thread that was similar, but from 2011.  I figured I would post a new help topic since a lot of firmware & hardware has been released since then.

My problem:  On this, and the previous gig w/ an M7cl48 / STAGEMIX APP i keep having connectivity issues.  Namely, Stagemix will sync but disconnects every few minutes.  It always reconnects, but damn it's annoying. especially when walking a large ballroom and setting gain structures/delay times between zones.

Can anyone help me out?

My specs:

IPAD 3 (retina display)
AIRPORT EXPRESS (brand new as of OCT 1, 2013)

How Im currently connected:

AIRPORT EXPRESS
- cat 5 from console to ethernet in on AE
- Network: router mode: off (bridge mono mode)
- hidden network
- automatic channel

IPAD 3
- logged onto hidden network, static IP (192.168.0.129)
- 255.255.255.0 subnet mask
- 192.1260.0.1 router

YAMAHA M7CL48
- 192.168.0.128 IP
- 255.255.255.0 SUBNET MASK
- 192.168.0.1 GATEWAY ADDRESS

My previous AE settings that I was experiencing problems with just before i switched to the above settings:
- Network: router mode: DHCP & NAT
- DHCP RANGE: 192.168.0.131 to 192.168.0.150

I haven't experienced a drop out in the last 15m or so w/ my new AE settings, but who knows how long it will hold. 

Also, apologies in advance.. slowly wrapping my head around all this network stuff.

Update the firmware in the Airport Express.

I was having the same issue with iPad -> brand new Airport -> and Expression. The Airport firmware upgrade fixed it.

GregBass

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »

Take router off auto channel scan.  That has caused dropped connections for me in the past.

Change router channel
http://www.pcworld.com/article/260524/how_to_fix_your_wi_fi_network_7_tips.html

Channel width
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2405996,00.asp

Lou Kohley

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 12:08:48 PM »

I was recently having the same issue with an LS9 and an ipad connecting through an Airport Express 2nd gen.

After reading yamaha's support stuff on facebook I found that if I disable all my email and imessages accounts and turn off the install apps and itunes music store it stopped trying to look for an internet connection that wasn't there.

I've now had at least a dozen shows without one dropping the connection.
You can turn off the itunes stores and apps in the restrictions section under "Settings"then "General" then "Restrictions".

Also I set the airport express to bridge mode with all addresses being set manually. On the ipad you have to enter the ip address, subnet mask, router address, and dns. It took a second for the wifi logo to appear on the upper banner next to where it says iPad but after that smooth sailing.

Hope this helps.

LOU

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 03:14:06 PM »

Just out of curiosity.  The default router IP for Apple Airport units has been 10.0.1.1 since they started making WiFi routers.  Was your router address 192.1260.0.1 by default or did you set that ?

My specs:

IPAD 3 (retina display)
AIRPORT EXPRESS (brand new as of OCT 1, 2013)

How Im currently connected:

AIRPORT EXPRESS
- cat 5 from console to ethernet in on AE
- Network: router mode: off (bridge mono mode)
- hidden network
- automatic channel

IPAD 3
- logged onto hidden network, static IP (192.168.0.129)
- 255.255.255.0 subnet mask
- 192.1260.0.1 router

YAMAHA M7CL48
- 192.168.0.128 IP
- 255.255.255.0 SUBNET MASK
- 192.168.0.1 GATEWAY ADDRESS

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »

Just out of curiosity.  The default router IP for Apple Airport units has been 10.0.1.1 since they started making WiFi routers.  Was your router address 192.1260.0.1 by default or did you set that ?

Is that even a valid IP address? With a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 the first 3 triplets of the IP address need to match.

I'm assuming it is a typo in the post since I've never seen anything that would let you enter 4 digits

Mac

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »

Is that even a valid IP address? With a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 the first 3 triplets of the IP address need to match.

I'm assuming it is a typo in the post since I've never seen anything that would let you enter 4 digits

Mac

192.1260.0.1 is not a valid IPv4 address, each number is 8 bits (total 32 bit word), 0..255 are the only legal values.  I believe it is valid for IPv6.
Mark McFarlane

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 07:45:41 AM »

I wonder if the OP should just try the default settings again.  Something is definitely wrong with the facts stated.  My Airport Express has worked flawlessly with my SL and Soundcraft right out of the box.

Michael Miller

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »

Really - check the access point firware... From Apples web site;

AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.6.4
This update is available for all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule. It contains fixes that:

Resolve an issue that may intermittently cause a loss in Wi-Fi connectivity with iOS devices.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.