ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Stagemix app keeps disconnecting  (Read 15226 times)

brian frost

• I.A.T.S.E. 16
    • FSOUND PRO AUDIO
Yamaha Stagemix app keeps disconnecting
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »

Hello,

I've searched the forum for related topics and found a thread that was similar, but from 2011.  I figured I would post a new help topic since a lot of firmware & hardware has been released since then.

My problem:  On this, and the previous gig w/ an M7cl48 / STAGEMIX APP i keep having connectivity issues.  Namely, Stagemix will sync but disconnects every few minutes.  It always reconnects, but damn it's annoying. especially when walking a large ballroom and setting gain structures/delay times between zones.

Can anyone help me out?

My specs:

IPAD 3 (retina display)
AIRPORT EXPRESS (brand new as of OCT 1, 2013)

How Im currently connected:

AIRPORT EXPRESS
- cat 5 from console to ethernet in on AE
- Network: router mode: off (bridge mono mode)
- hidden network
- automatic channel

IPAD 3
- logged onto hidden network, static IP (192.168.0.129)
- 255.255.255.0 subnet mask
- 192.1260.0.1 router

YAMAHA M7CL48
- 192.168.0.128 IP
- 255.255.255.0 SUBNET MASK
- 192.168.0.1 GATEWAY ADDRESS

My previous AE settings that I was experiencing problems with just before i switched to the above settings:
- Network: router mode: DHCP & NAT
- DHCP RANGE: 192.168.0.131 to 192.168.0.150

I haven't experienced a drop out in the last 15m or so w/ my new AE settings, but who knows how long it will hold. 

Also, apologies in advance.. slowly wrapping my head around all this network stuff.
FSOUND - SF BAY AREA PRO AUDIO RENTALS & STAFFING

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Yamaha Stagemix app keeps disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »

I've not used Airport express so might be some terms I am not familiar with.

What is bridged mono (this isn't a power amp)?

Which radio are you using? Trick question... Should be only 5gH.

Router mode is right. DHCP didn't matter but I find it works fine for me. Nothing connected to the internet port, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:54:20 PM by Rob Spence »
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »

The airport is dual band, so essentially it's like two routers with the same name. I found that naming the 5ghz radio something different (in airport utility) allows the user to choose which radio they prefer to use for the connection. It'll show up as two different routers in your ipad network settings.
I was having the same exact problem that you are having until I did this, now it stays connected.

brian frost

• I.A.T.S.E. 16
    • FSOUND PRO AUDIO
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »

The airport is dual band, so essentially it's like two routers with the same name. I found that naming the 5ghz radio something different (in airport utility) allows the user to choose which radio they prefer to use for the connection. It'll show up as two different routers in your ipad network settings.
I was having the same exact problem that you are having until I did this, now it stays connected.

I wish it was that.  I have had separate names for my 2.4 & 5ghz networks.  I've gone about 2hrs now w/out a disconnect.  Perhaps switching from the DHCP & NAT to OFF (bridge mode) is what did it?  hrmm

brian frost

• I.A.T.S.E. 16
    • FSOUND PRO AUDIO
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »

I've not used Airport express so might be some terms I am not familiar with.

What is bridged mono (this isn't a power amp)?

Which radio are you using? Trick question... Should be only 5gH.

Router mode is right. DHCP didn't matter but I find it works fine for me. Nothing connected to the internet port, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bridge/mono refers to a selectable network option in the airport utility menu for an airport express.  the other choice being DHCP & NAT.

Nothing connected to the internet port, just console to ethernet port in on AE

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »

bridge/mono refers to a selectable network option in the airport utility menu for an airport express.  the other choice being DHCP & NAT.

Nothing connected to the internet port, just console to ethernet port in on AE

FWIW, the Airport Express instructions recommend connecting with Cat6 for best results, but that doesn't seem likely to have anything to do with losing the wireless connection.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »

I wish it was that.  I have had separate names for my 2.4 & 5ghz networks.  I've gone about 2hrs now w/out a disconnect.  Perhaps switching from the DHCP & NAT to OFF (bridge mode) is what did it?  hrmm
Suggested settings recommend bridge mode. That'll probably do the trick.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »

When I set up an Airport Express to "Create a New Network" I see 3 options for the Router Mode setting in my 3 year old Airport Express:

DHCP & NAT
DHCP Only
Off (Bridge Mode)

I don't see any mention of 'mono' anywhere.

DHCP allows devices to automatically receive an IP address when they connect. If all your devices have static (hardwired) IP addresses you don't need DHCP. The service that hands out the addresses is called the DHCP server.

NAT is used to essentially share a single IP address on a subnet, e.g. when you connect to the Internet your ISP gives your connection a single IP address.  NAT (network address translation) allows your router to figure out which device on your subnet actually sent a request so it can route the return package to the right device.

If your only 'Show' devices are the console and iPad, and if you hardwire the IP addresses (static) , then you have no need for either DHCP or NAT.

Was your connection loss problem before the show or during the show?

If your DHCP server was being inundated with connection requests from peoples cell phones during a show, then theoretically the AE could get overloaded with work...  Still, it seems like a stretch.

Did you hide your network name (hidden SSID)? (Wireless tab, Wireless Options button)  That may help cut down on the number of connection attempts from other people's  devices.
Mark McFarlane

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »

I don't understand why you should need to do that.  According to Apple  "every connected device automatically uses the best band available"

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

I don't understand why you should need to do that.  According to Apple  "every connected device automatically uses the best band available"
I don't know, it's possible that when I changed the name, I also changed some other setting at the same time, and that other change is actually what fixed the problem. I really don't recall making any other changes, though (this was about a year and a half ago). The connection was dropping like clock work, every five minutes on the dot.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.