ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Media Matrix Xframe-I mean, really old..  (Read 1416 times)

Jim Crews

• http://www.comaudsys.com
Old Media Matrix Xframe-I mean, really old..
« on: October 03, 2013, 06:56:01 am »

Re-using an old X-frame for a school. Been in its spot since 1999, still works great!

2 questions: Does anyone know how to get past password protection? I am the original programmer and I protected the schematic drawing page, but cannot remember the password.
If I cannot get past the password, I will simply start over. Not that big of a deal.

ok, second question.
What is the pin-out for the com cables to connect up ole BOB? Null modem, or not? all pins or just the basic 3?

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
Re: Old Media Matrix Xframe-I mean, really old..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »

Re-using an old X-frame for a school. Been in its spot since 1999, still works great!

2 questions: Does anyone know how to get past password protection? I am the original programmer and I protected the schematic drawing page, but cannot remember the password.
If I cannot get past the password, I will simply start over. Not that big of a deal.

ok, second question.
What is the pin-out for the com cables to connect up ole BOB? Null modem, or not? all pins or just the basic 3?
Hi Jim,

It is amazing that a 14 year old DSP products still has more capability than other products that are new today. Also, you have the added benefit that you already paid for it (or your customer did... whatever that is worth...).

Regarding your password situation, I'd suggest you contact MediaMatrix customer support. I can neither confirm nor deny the ability to get around your password issue, but there may be options. Talk to Duane, I'm sure he will help you out as best as he can.

The DB-9 cable that connects the XFrame to the BoB is NOT a standard run of the mill serial cable, like your basic RS-232 cable. It uses paired pins for differential data transfer. At the moment I do not have any idea what the pin out for the cable is, but I have put in a request for this information and hopefully it can be found. However, there are still new BoB cables in stock and if I remember correctly, you are a dealer. Ergo... you know what to do.

Update... Look what we were able to dig up!
Quote from: BoB Cable Documentation
Cable is 5 maximum length of STP (Shielded Twisted Pair), Category 5 (rated for 100 megabit/sec), 4 pair, 26 AWG stranded.  Connectors are DB9M at both ends.

Pin   Conductor   Pair
2   Shield   
1   Brown/White   4
6   White/Brown   4
3   Blue/White   1
7   White/Blue   1
4   Green/White   3
8   White/Green   3
5   Orange/White   2
9   White/Orange   2
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:22:21 pm by Josh Millward »
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Old Media Matrix Xframe-I mean, really old..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.