ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: XLR cable OK very short runs??  (Read 10806 times)

John Fruits

Re: XLR cable OK very short runs??
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 06:15:56 AM »

How about this from SFCable:
http://www.sfcable.com/P7CR-RR03.html
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »

How about this from SFCable:
http://www.sfcable.com/P7CR-RR03.html

Checked it out and thought I had found what I needed TILL I realized that the angled NEMA connector when in place would block the IEC socket. The lighting fixture has an input above an output  and the output is configured with the earth pin at the top. I have considered turning the input round 180 degrees which would do the trick but till I open it up I'm not sure if that is doable or not....Thank you for the link..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

John Fruits

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 05:23:53 AM »

Okay, how about this from StayOnline.com:  http://www.stayonline.com/custom_power_cords.aspx
It took a bit of searching but the Nema 5-15 angle plug can be found left/right/up and down style.  One of those might work.  I don't know if my selections on the linked web page will show but I looked at
Male connector-NEMA 5-15 angled left
Female connector-IEC60320 C13 right
Length and cable-3 feet and 9002 SJT 14awg
which gave me a stock cable available for $ 7.00
The price for custom assembled with different options ended up costing $ 42.00 each. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »

Okay, how about this from StayOnline.com:  http://www.stayonline.com/custom_power_cords.aspx
It took a bit of searching but the Nema 5-15 angle plug can be found left/right/up and down style.  One of those might work.  I don't know if my selections on the linked web page will show but I looked at
Male connector-NEMA 5-15 angled left
Female connector-IEC60320 C13 right
Length and cable-3 feet and 9002 SJT 14awg
which gave me a stock cable available for $ 7.00
The price for custom assembled with different options ended up costing $ 42.00 each.

Hey John...You found it!! Thank you so much. They seem to offer just about any configuration there is. What a great resource... I appreciate your help.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

John Fruits

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

The only tricky part is checking if you need angled left or right.  I was amazed that the 14 awg wire was in stock and the cheapest option.  I found that company thru google while I was looking for another company which I think was in Missouri and made custom Edison to IEC cables in house.  Never found them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.