ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeking a large outdoor LED video screen/curtain for daytime music festival  (Read 17136 times)

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
    • Raw Depth Sound and Raw Depth Video, Carlisle, PA
Re: Seeking a large outdoor LED video screen/curtain for daytime music festival
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »

Any resolution on this?  Would love to know if you made a decision to rent or buy.  Whichever way you choose, I could help you if you still need it.  I work for neoti.com, but I won't try and sell you anything, just answer your questions from an experienced position.  We could do it here publicly, or if you'd like to PM me that's fine too.

Thanks, Joe. I got a package-deal quote from huasun-tech for a 9' x 16' FLC-3000 (P18.25mm) for roughly $17,500 (US.) If my advanced tickets sales are strong enough, I may pull the trigger on that. Then I would own it for all subsequent festivals.
Member since 2005.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:37 PM »

Thanks, Joe. I got a package-deal quote from huasun-tech for a 9' x 16' FLC-3000 (P18.25mm) for roughly $17,500 (US.) If my advanced tickets sales are strong enough, I may pull the trigger on that. Then I would own it for all subsequent festivals.
Gordon,

You'll probably get a cohesive image around 40ft out with that pitch (maybe closer...this was my first first-hand operating experience)...just did a show with 2 similarly-pitched LED curtains, and they looked good at about that distance - great contrast, too.  I did notice some weirdness when I quickly moved my head from side-to-side, but I was looking for issues...I don't think the "normal" attendee would notice.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:32:07 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 03:59:38 PM »

Gordon,

You'll probably get a cohesive image around 40ft out with that pitch (maybe closer...this was my first first-hand operating experience)...just did a show with 2 similarly-pitched LED curtains, and they looked good at about that distance - great contrast, too.  I did notice some weirdness when I quickly moved my head from side-to-side, but I was looking for issues...I don't think the "normal" attendee would notice.
Thanks! I am still trying to get a grasp of the brightness rating. This has a rating of 3480 NITS. I hope it is enough for daytime outdoor viewing.
Member since 2005.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »

Acouple things to be concerned about also:

This curtain has an IP rating of 44 yet their website says the following:
The display curtain is made from special Nano material that has the attribute of waterproof, against fire, durable, against dirty and without extension, which can be applied in outdoor and indoor.

Also it's a curtain and doesn't have blow through. You mentioned this would be used outdoors, I'm assuming on a stage of some sort. That has the potential to become a sail and cause serious issues or injuries.

Gordon Brinton

• ID Verified
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »

This curtain has an IP rating of 44 yet their website says the following:
The display curtain is made from special Nano material that has the attribute of waterproof, against fire, durable, against dirty and without extension, which can be applied in outdoor and indoor.
The Chinese may not be that good with the English language. Maybe they mean it is water "resistant".

Also it's a curtain and doesn't have blow through. You mentioned this would be used outdoors, I'm assuming on a stage of some sort. That has the potential to become a sail and cause serious issues or injuries.
What if I strapped it to the side of a box truck and parked it beside the stage?

I don't know. I haven't bought anything yet. Can you suggest a better company/deal?
Member since 2005.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »

I would suggest a Daktronics Product. It is American made and is quite reliable. I am biased though as I am employed by Daktronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 10:25:07 PM »

And I would not suggest a daktronics product because we have one and have had nothing but problems. Support has been good, and perhaps my experience is unique, but I find their engineering leaves a lot to be desired.

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 12:56:20 AM »

I have used the Theatrix ST18 many times with great results. Yes the pixel spacing is pretty high and I wish that I could use a 6 or 8mm wall, but at the price I'm getting the 19mm it's hard to pass up.

http://www.theatrixx.com/en/product/ST-18P/

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 12:56:20 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.