ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything out there as a mid box better than RCF HDL 20A for the Price  (Read 13495 times)

Randy Frierson

Just wondering what you guys are liking, I personally like MICA but my customer can't afford to go that way, but he wants the best out there priced under MICA, way under....thanks for your responses in advance

Peter Morris

Re: Anything out there as a mid box better than RCF HDL 20A for the Price
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:02 AM »

Just wondering what you guys are liking, I personally like MICA but my customer can't afford to go that way, but he wants the best out there priced under MICA, way under....thanks for your responses in advance

I would have a look dB Technologies T8s and T12s. Slightly more expensive than the HDL20 but better sound quality.

Also have a look at the  new V.U.E  line array.

Randy Frierson

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:10 AM »

I would have a look dB Technologies T8s and T12s. Slightly more expensive than the HDL20 but better sound quality.

Also have a look at the  new V.U.E  line array.
I wish more folks would respond, so far I've had 2 that says the db t8 and T12 would be a better choice, anymore thoughts?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:53:19 AM »

I wish more folks would respond, so far I've had 2 that says the db t8 and T12 would be a better choice, anymore thoughts?

We're dealers.  You've been warned.

We've sold a HDL20A rig, but I've not used it.  I've heard it and attribute The Things I Didn't Like® to misdeployment due to not using the provided prediction tools.  I specifically recommended EASE Focus 2 to the buyer... oh well.  At any rate, since I didn't set it up or mix on it, I don't know what the rig is really capable of.

The DBTech T12 is a surprise box.  Get an 8 box hang on demo and align a pair of your Tour Subs.  It's not Meyer, it's not JBL, but I think it can make you more $$ than buying 4888 (for example).  It responds well to EQ, it's got decent long term output (around -4dB compared to 4888), it weighs 60#, it's networkable.

Whether or not any of that makes sense for your situation is speculation, though.  What other choices are you considering?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:51:48 AM »

Get the TT33 if the budget can allow it. Great little box.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:17:56 AM »

So the usual question-what is the application?

Install or portable?  If an install-what is the coverage area-what is the height available-what sort of SPL and so forth.

Defining the needs more than "cheaper than Mica" would help.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Randy Frierson

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »

So the usual question-what is the application?

Install or portable?  If an install-what is the coverage area-what is the height available-what sort of SPL and so forth.

Defining the needs more than "cheaper than Mica" would help.
yes I agree ivan, , he wants a line array, he wanted to buy Mica but it turned out to be way to expensive than his budget would allow, I've figured out from pulling it out of him, that he wants to stay south of 4,000 a box...he again says he wants 16 total, I demoed Outlines Mini compass but he thought it was to small though it was north of 5K a box...I don't sell D&B V or Lacoustics, but everything else I can probably get....thanks in advance...R

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »

I have been enjoying the DAS Aero12. It needs a little EQ love in the low mids if it is a high SPL application (like the hip hop shows we used it on). Great sounding box.
  Also, they are based out if Florida, so you should be able to easily get a demo.
  I'm not a dealer or anything, just thought they were a real nice box for the $3-4k a box range.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »

yes I agree ivan, , he wants a line array, he wanted to buy Mica but it turned out to be way to expensive than his budget would allow, I've figured out from pulling it out of him, that he wants to stay south of 4,000 a box...he again says he wants 16 total, I demoed Outlines Mini compass but he thought it was to small though it was north of 5K a box...I don't sell D&B V or Lacoustics, but everything else I can probably get....thanks in advance...R
OH I get it- it is not about what performance is needed-but rather how many boxes and how much a box----------

Maybe he needs to learn a little bit about line array theory 101.

It is NOT the number of boxes-but rather the length of the array.

But I guess that "science stuff"  doesn't matter if all you want is a certain number of boxes anyway-------------------

I wonder if he can tell you why he really wants a line array and what makes it right for his application.

I guess that doesn't matter either-as long as it is "cool".

I guess sell him a system-and take his money before somebody else does.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Peter Morris

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »

I assumed you are looking for a powered box around 4K or less (?)
….  or is an unpowered box OK at that price point (?) ... does in need to allow for amplifiers and processors in that price (?)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:25:04 AM by Peter Morris »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.