ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Who Needs Help  (Read 11438 times)

David J. Thomas

New Member Who Needs Help
« on: September 26, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »

Hey there,

So were a group of college students that own a company Called Vector Entertainment LLC. We currently operate in New York City, USA with Plan to branch throughout New York, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Currently our companies basic operation is we throw large "night club events" 18 + one night everytime 3 to 4 months. We have explored the idea of throwing underage events in between our 18 + events AS well, using our equipment to Thu weddings, corporate events, And other events AS well. We are looking to buy a System to make this happen. We currently have 10k budgeted. We have the ability to Get lights AT a discounted rate, Therefore that Is not AS much of to issues. Our current budget is. For 4k lights, (we can Get alot of price great stuff for it) for 5k sound And for 1k misc things search AS cables. My reason for posting is I have very little knowledge only AS much AS I can read. on speakers THEREFORE And etc.. I'm looking for help to make of ave this a reality Our current event space is 10k sq feet. We have on average 500 people on event. Any suggestions, in Regards to speaker And sub brand, model, type, etc. So what type of lights would be best, lasers, intelligent lighting, etc. (there is ones firing for lighting can Get that the suggestion for lighting should be the type needed)

Regards,
David

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: New Member Who Needs Help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »

Hey there,

So were a group of college students that own a company Called Vector Entertainment LLC. We currently operate in New York City, USA with Plan to branch throughout New York, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Currently our companies basic operation is we throw large "night club events" 18 + one night everytime 3 to 4 months. We have explored the idea of throwing underage events in between our 18 + events AS well, using our equipment to Thu weddings, corporate events, And other events AS well. We are looking to buy a System to make this happen. We currently have 10k budgeted. We have the ability to Get lights AT a discounted rate, Therefore that Is not AS much of to issues. Our current budget is. For 4k lights, (we can Get alot of price great stuff for it) for 5k sound And for 1k misc things search AS cables. My reason for posting is I have very little knowledge only AS much AS I can read. on speakers THEREFORE And etc.. I'm looking for help to make of ave this a reality Our current event space is 10k sq feet. We have on average 500 people on event. Any suggestions, in Regards to speaker And sub brand, model, type, etc. So what type of lights would be best, lasers, intelligent lighting, etc. (there is ones firing for lighting can Get that the suggestion for lighting should be the type needed)

Regards,
David

David,

I have a complete speaker system with amplifiers ready to go.  I'm sort of "retiring" from the heavier work and down-sizing a good bit.  I'm located in St Paul, MN, and can deliver to SoDak with no problems.  Let me know if you're interested.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:45 PM »

Hey there,

So were a group of college students that own a company Called Vector Entertainment LLC. We currently operate in New York City, USA with Plan to branch throughout New York, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Currently our companies basic operation is we throw large "night club events" 18 + one night everytime 3 to 4 months. We have explored the idea of throwing underage events in between our 18 + events AS well, using our equipment to Thu weddings, corporate events, And other events AS well. We are looking to buy a System to make this happen.

Regards,
David

David,

Please tell us if you will need rider acceptance (i.e. production for national talent).

Please clarify if this is to be a permanent install or portable.

Please describe the current system you own, use, or rent and tell us if it falls short, meets, or exceeds you needs. This will give us a starting point to offer suggestions.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »

What types of events and genres of music?  What have you been using for a system up to this point and is any of that yours?  Have you researched any potential competition and what they provide and charge?  If you are starting from scratch and want to provide lighting and sound for a range of events including events with live bands and if you have nothing then a $10k budget is extremely limiting.

Are you envisioning one system covering everything from weddings and corporate events to 500 person "nigh club events"?  How do you plan to branch out to New York, Nebraska and South Dakota with a single system?

On the business side, are you an actual registered LLC and have you discussed branching out into multiple states with parties that may help guide you on the legal and financial implications that could have?  Would you have an 'office' in each location or one central office operating in multiple states or what, you probably want someone with appropriate expertise to assist in such decisions.

David J. Thomas

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »

David,

I have a complete speaker system with amplifiers ready to go.  I'm sort of "retiring" from the heavier work and down-sizing a good bit.  I'm located in St Paul, MN, and can deliver to SoDak with no problems.  Let me know if you're interested.

Hi Dick,

Sure, sounds good. Thanks for writing.

David J. Thomas

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »

David,

Please tell us if you will need rider acceptance (i.e. production for national talent).

Please clarify if this is to be a permanent install or portable.

Please describe the current system you own, use, or rent and tell us if it falls short, meets, or exceeds you needs. This will give us a starting point to offer suggestions.

Uh, Sure. I could use them! This is a permanent install.

The current system I have is a Turntable. How about this, you deliver it, and bring all the other equipment with it.

I'm currently using a PC to record music.

David J. Thomas

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »

What types of events and genres of music?  What have you been using for a system up to this point and is any of that yours?  Have you researched any potential competition and what they provide and charge?  If you are starting from scratch and want to provide lighting and sound for a range of events including events with live bands and if you have nothing then a $10k budget is extremely limiting.

Are you envisioning one system covering everything from weddings and corporate events to 500 person "nigh club events"?  How do you plan to branch out to New York, Nebraska and South Dakota with a single system?

On the business side, are you an actual registered LLC and have you discussed branching out into multiple states with parties that may help guide you on the legal and financial implications that could have?  Would you have an 'office' in each location or one central office operating in multiple states or what, you probably want someone with appropriate expertise to assist in such decisions.

I'm currently making Crunk music. I've been using a turntable. Yes, I've researched this potential competition. Where it cost me around $150.00

I bought a virtual pro recording studio for that price. I am hosting a collaboration and looking for people to collaborate with me. I'm using Curbase a little to batch the songs up.

And yes, I have preformed live a few times before. With live bands. If it weren't perfect we batch it up with Curbase.

We have currently registered with LLC. I have discussed multiple states with people and has been very successful.

Please give me the appropriate advice.

Thanks in advance,
David

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »

Please give me the appropriate advice.

Thanks in advance,
David

David...

I'm making quite a leap here and I mean no disrespect, but I'd advise you to consult with your physician and check your current medication and the dosage.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

David J. Thomas

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »

David...

I'm making quite a leap here and I mean no disrespect, but I'd advise you to consult with your physician and check your current medication and the dosage.

:-\

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 09:45:22 AM »

David, remember where you are and what you asked.  You asked about a sound and lighting system and thus what you have in your studio, Cubase, etc. do not seem directly relevant to that discussion.  Your responses seem to have little to do with your original question.

I'm currently making Crunk music. I've been using a turntable. Yes, I've researched this potential competition. Where it cost me around $150.00
$150 for what?  I was addressing what your competition provides for sound and lighting as well as how that factors into their costs and seeing how that compares to what you plan to provide and charge.  You may find that others doing anything similar have a lot more than $10k invested in sound and lighting and that could affect your plans.

I also have to say that I have difficulty seeing that many corporate events, weddings, etc., which you mentioned potentially wanting to serve, being limited to Crunk in addition to the sound and lighting having to scale and be appropriate for such events.

I bought a virtual pro recording studio for that price. I am hosting a collaboration and looking for people to collaborate with me. I'm using Curbase a little to batch the songs up.
You asked about a sound and lighting system and noted wanting to expand to cover three states, what does Cubase and collaboration have to do with that?  Or are you actually addressing just one sound and lighting system for one location with the other locations being a matter of your working with other companies or individuals in those locations rather than their being relevant to the sound and lighting system about which you were apparently asking?

And yes, I have preformed live a few times before. With live bands. If it weren't perfect we batch it up with Curbase.
What does Cubase have to do with live bands?  What I was addressing was the sound system and whether it has to support live bands, thus a larger number of inputs, monitors, multiple microphones and DI boxes, etc.  That would affect what is required for the sound system.

We have currently registered with LLC. I have discussed multiple states with people and has been very successful.
And I'm sure you also properly address all the related copyrights, etc.  But collaborating with people elsewhere is quite different than doing business in multiple states or having a sound system that can serve multiple states.

I really think that perhaps your best bet may be to do your thing and hire a professional to handle the sound and lighting for each event.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:56:13 AM by Brad Weber »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 09:45:22 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.