ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SH46 on sumner eventer 16 lifts  (Read 3877 times)

Ted Christensen

Danley SH46 on sumner eventer 16 lifts
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »

Im thinking of going the sh46 route and i wouldnt always want to ground stack them. Would they work on lifts or are they to deep?

here is the sh46

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/loud-speakers/synergy-horn/sh46/

here is the sumner lift

http://www.sumner.com/sumner/sub/productb/downloadsa.26.7.26.0.0.0.html

is this a bad idea in general or would it be fine?
The speakers would be well under the rated load.
236 lbs per lift plus whatever the frame would weight. Still under 500lbs per lift easily.

if this is safe. what if a 3rd speaker is added per lift and is still under the safe load but closer to 500lbs?

Im not going to get into the whole inside outside lift thing. I have seen that debated numerous times on here and i dont want to get into that if possible. These would be used inside.

Im thinking of going this route because it would be more easy set up, less time, and less weight than my current kf850 setup.

i would be saving around 700lbs  (new weight minus old 850s. scaff  lifts..) in the trailer. huge bonus.

thanks for reading.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Scott Helmke

Re: Danley SH46 on sumner eventer 16 lifts
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:10:18 AM »

Figure out your exact rigging and how it will attach to the lift boom. The farther away from the mast you get with your center of gravity, the lower the capacity of the lift (page 13 in the manual).

Ted Christensen

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »

Figure out your exact rigging and how it will attach to the lift boom. The farther away from the mast you get with your center of gravity, the lower the capacity of the lift (page 13 in the manual).

Thanks. I just read that. It seems like the sh46s need a custom frame. Ivan beaver can you chip in anything?  :)
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:09 PM »

Thanks. I just read that. It seems like the sh46s need a custom frame. Ivan beaver can you chip in anything?  :)
I have never used those lifts (or even looked at them) so have no input on that end.

However an easy way to fly them is to use the regular install brackets (MBA46) and one set of outerflyware (OFW46) that attaches to the outside of PAIR of cabinets.  Then you use quick connects to attach to a frame or straps or whatever attaches to the lift.

The pair can then be put in a single roadcase for easy transport
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Ted Christensen

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »

I have never used those lifts (or even looked at them) so have no input on that end.

However an easy way to fly them is to use the regular install brackets (MBA46) and one set of outerflyware (OFW46) that attaches to the outside of PAIR of cabinets.  Then you use quick connects to attach to a frame or straps or whatever attaches to the lift.

The pair can then be put in a single roadcase for easy transport

Well it looks like two can be on there for sure. Not sure of a third.  What I'm trying to figure out is if I will have enough down angle before the backs of the speakers touch the lift. I would have about 6 inches of room if the speakers hang straight. 

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 01:53:55 PM »

Well it looks like two can be on there for sure. Not sure of a third.  What I'm trying to figure out is if I will have enough down angle before the backs of the speakers touch the lift. I would have about 6 inches of room if the speakers hang straight.
Most of the weight is towards the rear of the cabinet (if I remember).   

So the front can stick out past the forks a bit.

Also with a 60° vertical-you may not need to aim them down very much.

Attached is a 3D coverage map that has a pair of SH46s 20' in the air and a 5 ° down angle-and the audience plane is 100'x100' and is 5' in front of the speakers.

They are hard packed together.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 01:53:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.