ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4way active crossover input  (Read 2225 times)

WilliamTuckett

4way active crossover input
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:42:54 pm »

Hi guys,

I have just started putting together a system for outdoor party's.

So far I have the woofers, mid bass, midrange and treble sorted, 4 stereo power amps and 2 4-way mono active crossovers.

My question is how do I get sound from my PC, CD player or MP3 player into the crossover.

The crossovers have Balanced XLR in, I tried XLR to RCA adaptors and got nothing.. Will I need a mixer with Balanced outputs and RCA inputs or is there some kind of DI box for this application.

I really have no need for a mixer as I just want to play music from the computer or Mp3 player

Any advice would be very much appreciated

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: 4way active crossover input
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:56:09 pm »

Hi guys,

I have just started putting together a system for outdoor party's.

So far I have the woofers, mid bass, midrange and treble sorted, 4 stereo power amps and 2 4-way mono active crossovers.

My question is how do I get sound from my PC, CD player or MP3 player into the crossover.

The crossovers have Balanced XLR in, I tried XLR to RCA adaptors and got nothing.. Will I need a mixer with Balanced outputs and RCA inputs or is there some kind of DI box for this application.

I really have no need for a mixer as I just want to play music from the computer or Mp3 player

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Two pieces of advice:

1.  You must use your real, full name to post.

2.  You should post in the appropriate forum.  This particular section is for regional (read LARGE) professional sound providers.  You should post in the Lounge or the DJ section.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: 4way active crossover input
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:56:17 pm »

Fix your name per the rules and you will get some help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.