ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Powered Speakers  (Read 11203 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Powered Speakers
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 08:09:26 PM »

It all really depends on how much you want to spend per speaker.  I too have nothing but good things to say about QSC.  Have you considered the QSC KW Series?  In my opinion they sound a little better than the K Series and can get a little louder, but of course cost a little extra.  Are you going to need subs too?  The K Sub and KW-181 are two completely different boxes.  Something to think about!

-Jeff

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 01:46:21 PM »

Speed for setup and the connections. 

When working a band on a stage we set up floor monitors for the band to hear.  These can be powered or Passive.  The problem with powered is you connect two sets of wire, Power, and Audio.  So if my amp rack supports 4 monitors as individual channels we can use the Speakon 4 conductor and send two channels down one wire to monitor 1, and chain monitor 2 on the second pair.  So I connect two wires at the amp rack and have 4 stage monitors running on individual channels.  With powered you would have to pull 4 power cables and 4 audio cables.  making the stage full of wires to navigate. 

When we setup the 4 monitors and the 8 subs and 2 mains we can have 10 channels of audio running on stage in under 40 minutes.   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 01:46:21 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.