ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: App for audio feedback frequency detection (giving the EQ band)?  (Read 34469 times)

Bohumir Zamecnik

Re: App for audio feedback frequency detection (giving the EQ band)?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

Thanks for an interesting reply.

Low frequency detection is obviously dependent on the input hardware. The iPhone analog inputs are pretty severely bandwidth limited.

This is an interesting point. In fact I don't expect the iPhone/iPad audio input or even microphone to be great. In case of emergency and on the go it might be necessary to tackle with, but the usual setup would probably be that the device would be connected to an output of the mixing console. At best the connection would be digital via a USB cable or wireless. This could circumvent the mobile device's internal AD converters.

10. For this app, I just want a handful of numbers, big enough to see laying on the console. I am the reason that the display number in Audio Kit is so big. He was just using the default character set, and I couldn't read it without picking up the phone, so I emailed him. I would say a bigger screen wasn't needed, as long as your font is large. In fact, finding a place for another dedicated app tablet at my usual FOH would be difficult.

Well, big agreement here. Many of us who have been using the eyes, so much to wear them out substantially, just need big fonts. This is something so obvious that I admit it didn't even came to my mind to ask about :). Of course all the important info must be readable as clearly as possible. In particular at night.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: App for audio feedback frequency detection (giving the EQ band)?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.