ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EMINENCE DEFINIMAX 4018LF SPEAKERS TO BE USED IN THE JBL SRX728S ENCLOSURE  (Read 8123 times)

udaiy shah

Friends ,

Please kindly advice on the following :

Will the Eminence Definimax 4018LF be a good replacement speaker in the JBL SRX728S ?

Please kindly advice on the same .

Thank You .

God Bless .   
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:35:05 PM by udaiy shah »

Richard Turner

Friends ,

Please kindly advice on the following :

Will the Eminence Definimax 4018LF be a good replacement speaker in the JBL SRX728S ?

Please kindly advice on the same .

Thank You .

God Bless .   

Will it fit in the hole of the box and make noise, then yes
Will it sound as good as the original JBL drivers, possible but doubtful.

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess cost is the issue

the definimax are street price ~260 new

a not assembled after market recone kit for the 2268H driver is ~$80
a pre assembled after market recone kit for the 2268H deiver is ~$120

a genuine recone kit is not available for straight sale, contravenes the JBL dealer agreement I see national dealers listing recone service on that driver ~$250, which would be warrantied.

I know if I was looking at them as used I'd be less interested in a molested pair than a set with reconed original drivers.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

udaiy shah

Thank You Richard for your advice on the same .

The Main problem is that the 2268H Re-cone kits aren't available for the next 30 days .

That's why i was looking at this alternative of Eminence Definimax 4018lf as i will need the

subs in use a.s.a.p for events lined up .

a genuine recone kit is not available for straight sale, contravenes the JBL dealer agreement I see national dealers listing recone service on that driver ~$250, which would be warrantied.

I know if I was looking at them as used I'd be less interested in a molested pair than a set with reconed original drivers.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services

Thank You Richard for your advice on the same .

The Main problem is that the 2268H Re-cone kits aren't available for the next 30 days .

That's why i was looking at this alternative of Eminence Definimax 4018lf as i will need the

subs in use a.s.a.p for events lined up .

Where are you located?
Perhaps there is someone in your area that could rent to you a box till yours is fixed?
I am sure you could rent one box for quite a few days for the price of the wrong driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Darin Ulmer

FYI - $260 is the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) of the Definimax.  However they can be purchased for less.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico

The Eminence Definimax 4018LF will work fine in the SRX 728 cabinet.
The TS parameters are similar,(the JBL published Xmax are actually Xlim, both speakers are around 8mm Xmax) the 2268H probably have a bit of a thermal advantage (so don't clip your amps too much ;^)) , but there won't be much difference between the two speakers, other than the weight.

Richard Turner

IIRC the eminince uses a inside and outside wind voice coil like B&C where the JBL uses 2 windings stacked which is why that basket is so deep. I glanced at the specs and yes they would be close enough to the jbl that so long as they were in phase you wouldnt pick a box loaded with themn out of a stack of 8 loaded jbl. I'm more familiar with the older omega / sigma / delta series as I 've used them to replace peavey yamaha yorkville oem drivers in MI grade boxes for cost concious clients.

If it was me I'd try a couple of the aftermarket recone kits, I can give a link to a online store if you PM. I've used their EV and older series JBL kits (e140, 2225 etc) and cosmetically and sonically they are identical. reconing isn't difficult but not somehting you would want to jump right into if you werent good at arts and crafts or shop class in school. I wouldnt reccoment a 2268 as a first attempt project because of the extra long voice coils assembly. its all about clean clean clean and fit twice before gluing once
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

udaiy shah

Thank You Friends For Your Advice On The Same .

I have purchased the original re-cone kit from a ex-distributor of Harman , he apparently

had some with him .

Thank You Once Again .

God Bless .

IIRC the eminince uses a inside and outside wind voice coil like B&C where the JBL uses 2 windings stacked which is why that basket is so deep. I glanced at the specs and yes they would be close enough to the jbl that so long as they were in phase you wouldnt pick a box loaded with themn out of a stack of 8 loaded jbl. I'm more familiar with the older omega / sigma / delta series as I 've used them to replace peavey yamaha yorkville oem drivers in MI grade boxes for cost concious clients.

If it was me I'd try a couple of the aftermarket recone kits, I can give a link to a online store if you PM. I've used their EV and older series JBL kits (e140, 2225 etc) and cosmetically and sonically they are identical. reconing isn't difficult but not somehting you would want to jump right into if you werent good at arts and crafts or shop class in school. I wouldnt reccoment a 2268 as a first attempt project because of the extra long voice coils assembly. its all about clean clean clean and fit twice before gluing once

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.