ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Systems  (Read 1304 times)

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
Wireless Systems
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »

Up until today I've had a problem-free relationship with my PGX Digital systems. This morning is the first time I've had any issues with RF noise. This morning it was like Rice Krispies. After a bit of research I found the local power company is installing smart meters that run on 900mhz as do the PGX Digitals.

So begrudgingly I guess I need to replace them. For immediate purposes I moved the receivers up on stage but I'm not sure how long that will be a solution.

Since I've invested in Heil Capsules I need a new wireless system compatible with the Heil Capsules.

I guess where I need to start is with digital/no digital. The non-digital systems seem to be much more mature. Is having a companderless system all it is cracked up to be? I purchased digital after general dissatisfaction of SM58 capsules. My sales rep was sure I would be happy with a digital system but SM58 capsules still. After using Heil capsules today I wonder if my issue was primarily with the SM58's as opposed to the Digital aspect.

So, would replacing the PGX Digital systems with say SLX systems be a consideration or should I look toward like Line6 to stay digital?

I've not been happy with the new Sony digital wireless systems. They have a lot of nice features but the range absolutely sucks and I can't use them at the same time with any Line6 system regardless of channel allocation.

I need to use a minimum of 7 systems simultaneously.

I would really prefer not to have the expense of the ULX Digital systems.

Any help is appreciated and I apologize in advance for the rambling.

ProSoundWeb Community

Wireless Systems
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.