ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Console Investment cometh...  (Read 17846 times)

Zeno Yeung

Re: Console Investment cometh...
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 10:53:17 PM »

You have a choice between post-fader, pre-fader, pre-fader/pre-mute. But you cannot change the point in the chain where the signal is picked from. When I spoke to the support rep, I told him it would be nice to be able to choose the signal pick point for the aux sends, insert points and direct outs, and have options like pre-hpf, pre-eq, pre-dynamics.
The work-around for this is to split your inputs into channels dedicated to FOH and Mons. DiGiCos are great for this because you can use the gain tracking function on the "mon" channels and not worry about adjusting the pre-amps and/or polarity on the FOH side. It does however, eat up channels.

So you mean you want the pre-fader Aux send can be choose to pre-insert, pre-EQ..etc so you can return the signal back into the second channel for monitor? Why not double assign the input into 2 channel? Or did I misunderstand your meaning? :)

Josh Hana

Re: Console Investment cometh...
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 09:14:50 AM »

Just to echo what a few others have said, you should be fine looking at the M7CL or SC48. There are very few engineers out there who won't be familiar with the VENUE line, and even fewer who won't know the M7, so they should be plenty acceptable for a venue of your size.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Raised from the dead
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »

So you mean you want the pre-fader Aux send can be choose to pre-insert, pre-EQ..etc so you can return the signal back into the second channel for monitor? Why not double assign the input into 2 channel? Or did I misunderstand your meaning? :)

Hopefully, 18 months later, either the OP has figured this out, or moved to newer technology. Read the date before posting.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Raised from the dead
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.