ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All 12 led par cans lost blue  (Read 7334 times)

Loren Aguey

• New York City
All 12 led par cans lost blue
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:07:22 PM »

I started doing sound at a new club, I was told that none of the blue leds work in any of the par cans. My original reaction was that there's no way all 12 of the led cans lost their blue. It has to to be the dmx controller that's not sending out blue or something. 

So I remove the dmx from two of the cans and try them in standalone mode. Sure enough, the damn blue doesn't work in either of them.

They're cheap led cans and will probably all get replaced but I'm curious what could cause something like that,  and if repairing cheap led cans is even worth it.

Oh and the cans are Venue Par64. The controller is Elation DMX Operator. Thanks.

duane massey

Re: All 12 led par cans lost blue
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »

Loren, I have seen similar problems with earlier Chauvet and current Cheaplights fixtures. Normally doesn't happen all at once, but you may not notice until several go out at once. One of my friends owns Venue Supply, an online supplier of SLV gear, and he constantly gets calls from people with complaints about Venue products (which he doesn't carry and has no connection with).
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 03:34:34 AM »

I believe that Venue is a Guitar Center house brand - I've never seen them offered anywhere else.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »

I started doing sound at a new club, I was told that none of the blue leds work in any of the par cans. My original reaction was that there's no way all 12 of the led cans lost their blue. It has to to be the dmx controller that's not sending out blue or something. 

So I remove the dmx from two of the cans and try them in standalone mode. Sure enough, the damn blue doesn't work in either of them.

They're cheap led cans and will probably all get replaced but I'm curious what could cause something like that,  and if repairing cheap led cans is even worth it.

Oh and the cans are Venue Par64. The controller is Elation DMX Operator. Thanks.

Something we noticed when working with Venue par cans is that we have to add one to the address.  Try setting one as one with only the first dip switch on. 

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »

Something we noticed when working with Venue par cans is that we have to add one to the address.  Try setting one as one with only the first dip switch on.

No dice, but thanks. Looks like I can just chalk it up to a poor quality product.

Thanks guys.

Brian Lemmon

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »

I have 8 Chauvet 200B's. Over the last year, rows of blue lights stopped working eventually on all of them. I had to get new LED light boards for all the lights. One of the new ones already has one row of blue out after only 5 months of use. Frustrating.

William Maher

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »

The Club I work at had the exact same issue.  We had 40 Venue LED Par56 and all but 6 of them had there blue LEDs go out.  Some were bad out of the box and some went bad over the next few months.  Lucky Guitar Center had a 1 year in store exchange because it was a proprietary brand and I was able to talk them into swapping them out for the Venue Thinpar64.  The new fixtures look much better and I haven't had any problems with them.  They must of had a bad batch come in from China.

jamesrkiddy

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 12:02:29 AM »

You should just replace them,  They can get much better product with much higher output with less problems for around twice the cost( $200 each) the company I work at sells 36x3w fixtures and only have problems when they send them in tours. Then it's only because of abuse.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 12:02:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.