ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing Desk Opinions for a keyboard player  (Read 10825 times)

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
Re: Mixing Desk Opinions for a keyboard player
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »

The humor is Wayne-ing.

Oops....

As the yuletide approaches perchance we will once again hear a Wayne in a manger.

Mark McFarlane

• Middle East
    • Arkose Records
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 05:42:29 am »

...I personally have no experience with the soundcraft with respect to reliability, but my Allen & Heath MixWiz and ZED10fx have both been solid as granite and are very good sounding boards.

FWIW, my Zed12fx dead dropped 4 feet onto its corner this week.  It sheared off the screw heads on one side of the mixer upon impact, but the mixer still works fine.
Mark McFarlane
ARKOSERECORDS
Turn down what's too loud.

WayneHarris

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »

FWIW, my Zed12fx dead dropped 4 feet onto its corner this week.  It sheared off the screw heads on one side of the mixer upon impact, but the mixer still works fine.

Cheers mark

hey everybody!

thanks for all your help

i have narrowed my 2 Mixer choices down to the Allen & Heath ZED14 or Soundcraft M8

both have excellent reviews
AAARRGGHHHHHHHHHHH CANT DECIDE!!!

is it true that the allen and heath has seperate channel strips, so that if a fault occurs, you just take out the 1 whole strip and replace it or fix it, where as most desks are 1 complete PCB block

i like the idea of the Allen & Heath single strip for easy fixing!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »

i like the idea of the Allen & Heath single strip for easy fixing!

Not to further muddy the waters, but I'm not sure that degree of modularity makes a significant difference unless you're returning the modules to the factory for service.

After owning or maintaining several large frame, modular consoles over the last 25 years, I can only think of a couple occasions where we swapped out input or output strips, and neither of those were at a gig.

You've got good choices, pick the one offering the form factor that makes sense for your on stage setup and transport.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.