ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jands stage cl video in action?  (Read 4931 times)

Ted Christensen

jands stage cl video in action?
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »

Would like to see visually what this board is capable of. It boasts quite a bit but I haven't found any reviews and or video in action.

Any help would be great. Thinking how this would serve bars and clubs with led.
Danley SH46 / Th115 / EV ZX5 / EV QRX212H / QSC HPR / Lab Gruppen / Chauvet / Blizzard / Allen and heath ilive

John Fruits

Re: jands stage cl video in action?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »

The North American distributor is AC Lighting, here is their page with a video:
http://www.aclighting.com/products/jands/stage-cl.asp
Not a lot of dealers it seems, but Full Compass does have it in stock:
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/436800.html
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

James Feenstra

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »

What would you like to know about it? I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about it, seeing as how I'm one of the support reps for this continent :)

It's a great solution for bars and clubs with LED rigs, and allows for some diverse and interesting programming on a relatively simple interface. If you watch the video you can see just how easy it is to set up scenes and chases.

There's also some significant upgrades coming pretty soon down the line, but I can't say much about them at the current time :)
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:38:51 PM »

Also check out the pathways connectivity cognito. We run it on a small 24 to 36 fixture led par rig and it is great.

John Fruits

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:05:05 AM »

It's great that Mr. Feenstra checked in, having a "go-to" person is always good.  As far as the Cognito, it too is a nice small board, but at twice the price.  If you have some movers, or plan on adding them it might be a good choice.  Here is more about that at ControlBooth.com:
http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/usitt-2013/31772-pathway-cognito-lighting-console.html
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »

Would like to see visually what this board is capable of. It boasts quite a bit but I haven't found any reviews and or video in action.

For smaller systems without ever controlling movers - it's great.  However, the full Jands Vista is significantly more powerful, and pricing starts (depending on channel count) about the same point.  It comes down to - movers or no, and how experienced is the tech using it.  We have played with it, and have it spec'ed into a few projects.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Kent Clasen

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 09:28:29 PM »

As Caleb said it is not for movers, but for LEDs it is dirt simple.   It is simply made for this purpose only and it makes it super easy to change, colors, chases and scenes.  It only has 12 handles, so that could be limiting.  Sometimes you pay for simple.  Many of the smaller consoles are not super intuitive to me or my clients who are usually not very technical.  I like simple!

I just got one in and but have not used it live. So far after watching their video I haven't cracked the manual. I would recommend the CL if it fits your your needs. Disclaimer I am a Jands dealer FWIW.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 09:28:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.