ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: SM58 vs Heil RC35  (Read 19137 times)

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
Re: SM58 vs Heil RC35
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »

John, please report back after the 12th show (or service).

Glad you are pleased.

Will do. I've only used them with a single music group thus far albeit for four services. I'll report back once I've used them a bit more with some of my lesser trained vocalists.

Robert "VOiD" Caprio

• Long Island, NY
    • Interzone Studios
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »

I've been using the RC35 for over two years with Cee Lo Green and many other vocalists and so far everyone has been floored by how good it sounds.  Us engineer types love it for the GBF and noise rejection.  Having compared just about every mic available to get things working for Cee Lo and his LOUD monitor demands, it wasn't a trivial decision to end up with the Heil but it has saved our asses on more occasions than I can now count or recall.  I now have Heils on about 60% of my inputs and the more I use 'em the more I like 'em.
FOH/MON/REC/MIX Engineer/Producer/TM/RF Tech
Currently mixing MON for Boston
www.interzonestudios.com
void at interzonestudios dot com

Nathan Salt

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »

The rear rejection on the PR/RC35 is uncanny. I remember a gig where the singer rocked up and she asks if she can plug her mic in. She pulled out a pr35, so I was more then happy to plug it in haha. She then asked if she could have more in her wedge, I was like hell yeah you can
Nathan Salt

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »

The rear rejection on the PR/RC35 is uncanny.

Yes!  I have done a "not so scientific" test between them  and an SM58 and the difference was significant!  Better than anything I have used.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:40:48 PM by Chuck Simon »

Lester Seidenberg

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »

One thing to consider if you are a step or two above bottom feeder rentals is that the SM-58 is as close to a universal singing mic as it gets.   After all the requests for this or that wonder mic, there is usually this " or a Shure SM-58".  It is rugged, reliable, and common enough that almost everybody has used it.   One problem is that there are so many old beaters  around that the mic has gotten a bum rap.

Doug Maye

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »

One thing to consider if you are a step or two above bottom feeder rentals is that the SM-58 is as close to a universal singing mic as it gets.   After all the requests for this or that wonder mic, there is usually this " or a Shure SM-58".  It is rugged, reliable, and common enough that almost everybody has used it.   One problem is that there are so many old beaters  around that the mic has gotten a bum rap.
The last line got a chuckle out of me. I did a pro bono event at the local high school. The band was all early 20 somethings that graduated from there. They all brought their own mics.(which amazed me), During sound check I noticed problems and grabbed my mic case. I replaced 3 57's and the singers 58 with new ones, same mics. The singer came to me after the first set asking what mic it was and didn't believe me when I said SM58. Then I changed her mic to a PR35 and she almost stopped in the middle of a song due to the difference. Their mics were shot.

Steve Garris

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »

The last line got a chuckle out of me. I did a pro bono event at the local high school. The band was all early 20 somethings that graduated from there. They all brought their own mics.(which amazed me), During sound check I noticed problems and grabbed my mic case. I replaced 3 57's and the singers 58 with new ones, same mics. The singer came to me after the first set asking what mic it was and didn't believe me when I said SM58. Then I changed her mic to a PR35 and she almost stopped in the middle of a song due to the difference. Their mics were shot.

Did she almost stop because the PR35 sounded so good, or are you still referencing the new SM58?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.