Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Vocal microphones

<< < (2/38) > >>

Alex Hills:
With no Drum screening(a few rubbish office notice boards) it really  isn't that simple. Hence why I said I don't use a C1000S all that often. Still hold firm on my SM57 recommendation. I use them for everything. And on top of the rubbish drum screening, we have a 1980s Ramsa PA rig with an OK Allen and Heath GL2200.

Alex Hills
ADHSound
adhsound.com

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on September 02, 2013, 02:12:36 PM ---I made a sticky for this, just like the "kick drum" thing.

Have at it.

--- End quote ---

In my personal collection, at least 6 of each unless noted:

Shure-

SM-58
SM-57
SM-86 (love this vox condenser, it has none of the things I hate about SM87 or Beta 87)

AKG-

C535e
D190e (4)
D1000e (2)
C3000 - stereo pair (originals, not the "B")

Beyer-

M69
MCE-80TG (2)

Heil-

PR-22 (2)
PR-31BW (2)

Jay Barracato:

--- Quote from: Tim McCulloch on September 03, 2013, 01:53:21 PM ---In my personal collection, at least 6 of each unless noted:

Shure-

SM-58
SM-57
SM-86 (love this vox condenser, it has none of the things I hate about SM87 or Beta 87)

AKG-

C535e
D190e (4)
D1000e (2)
C3000 - stereo pair (originals, not the "B")

Beyer-

M69
(placeholder for Model # I can't remember)

--- End quote ---

My personal collection (also in batches of 6 unless noted)

Shure SM58
Shure SM57
EV PL80a
AT 2010
Neumann KMS105 (2)
Shure KSM27(3)
Shure KSM32 (1)

Jason Lucas:
I really like the Sennheiser e845. I do not so much care for the e865.

Those are the two vocal mics I have the most experience with. I also do not recommend Superlux mics, personally. They sound terrible.

Corey Scogin:
Here's my limited lounge level experience:

AKG C535EG - my favorite sounding condenser.  Natural with an "open" sound.  Only problem is that it's really sensitive to moisture so not suited to vocalists who "eat" it
Audix VX5 - not as open sounding as the AKG above but great mid-range detail.
Audio Technica AT2010 - good condenser mic for the money.  Cheap enough that I don't worry too much about losing one.
Audix OM5/OM6 - I use these anywhere an SM58 would also fit the bill. I'm not super fond of the sound but I can't put my finger on why. 
Heil PR22 - my favorite for vocalists who "eat" it.  Not boomy like most mics in that scenario.
Sennheiser e835 - smoother and slightly more open than an OM6/SM58.  I like it's sound but don't like the heavy weight or fat body.
EV N/D767 - fairly balanced.  Warm low end without being boomy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version