ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic stands used for system measurements  (Read 17664 times)

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
Re: Mic stands used for system measurements
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »

So I got the Manfrotto 5001B 74-Inch Nano Stand with the Manfrotto MIBA 3/8-Inch F to 5/8-Inch M 15mm Microphone Thread and when I screw the Earthworks M23 mic stand to the adapter and than to the nano stand it has a little play not snug.  Is this how it should be?  My previous mic bom stand it was nice and snug no play all.
Did you remove the 1/4" adapter that comes included with the Manfrotto stand?

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:43 PM »

Did you remove the 1/4" adapter that comes included with the Manfrotto stand?

Yes I removed the top piece and then screwed the adapter to the base.  The adapter side which connects to the base only has 2-3 lines to thread which doesn't appear to be enough to get a snug fit or am I missing something
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:14:38 PM by Johnny Diaz »

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »

Yes I removed the top piece and then screwed the adapter to the base.  The adapter side which connects to the base only has 2-3 lines to thread which doesn't appear to be enough to get a snug fit or am I missing something
So which side of the adapter is the errant side?

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »

So which side of the adapter is the errant side?

The connection from the adapter to the m23 stand is fine its when I connect it to the nano stand I get the play. I can move it around with no problem.  How many threads does your adapter on the nano stand have? 

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

The connection from the adapter to the m23 stand is fine its when I connect it to the nano stand I get the play. I can move it around with no problem.  How many threads does your adapter on the nano stand have?

When I connect the adapter alone to the nano stand I can keep turning the adapter and it wont tighten up.  I ordered 2 nano stands and 2 adapters and they both are having the same issue.  Am I doing something wrong?

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »

I have four nano stands here, all of them the same.  The 3/8" thread protrudes roughly 7mm from the flange, and has three threads.  Maybe you have a faulty adapter?  Mine screw on just fine, and fit snug.  I have had troubles with one or two mic clips not being able to screw onto the adapter because the thread in the mic clip wasn't cut properly.

Edit: Try threading the adapter into the bottom of the mic clip, then attaching it to the Nano stand.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:34:13 PM by Arthur Skudra »

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 10:37:25 PM »

I have four nano stands here, all of them the same.  The 3/8" thread protrudes roughly 7mm from the flange, and has three threads.  Maybe you have a faulty adapter?  Mine screw on just fine, and fit snug.  I have had troubles with one or two mic clips not being able to screw onto the adapter because the thread in the mic clip wasn't cut properly.

Edit: Try threading the adapter into the bottom of the mic clip, then attaching it to the Nano stand.

I tired that and got the same result.  The problem appears to be the connection from the adapter to the nano stand.  Just keeps turning and never gets tight. 

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 10:41:32 PM »

I tired that and got the same result.  The problem appears to be the connection from the adapter to the nano stand.  Just keeps turning and never gets tight.
That's very strange, because I ordered the same part, and works fine here.  Are you able to measure the inside diameter of the adapter, and the outside diameter of the stud on the Nano stand with a micrometer?  I can do some measuring here and post my findings.

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

That's very strange, because I ordered the same part, and works fine here.  Are you able to measure the inside diameter of the adapter, and the outside diameter of the stud on the Nano stand with a micrometer?  I can do some measuring here and post my findings.

Dammit can't find a ruler! 

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »

Dammit can't find a ruler!
If you have a set of drill bits, they make excellent measuring devices for width and diameter!  :)

I also keep a set of labeled screws with matching nuts, one of each popular inch and metric thread diameter and thread pitch, keep them all in a box.  Makes it easy to figure out what screw or nut I have on hand so it's a quick trip to the local hardware store!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.