ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally completed my DMX light rig!  (Read 8628 times)

Matthew Berry

Re: Finally completed my DMX light rig!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »

for approx $450 you can get the Martin DMX USB Dongle, and you can add as many of these as you like, you just need to assign the appropriate box to the DMX OUT...that aside, easy to use, great FX engine and great support!
Awesome thanks Josh and Kyle. I'll be sure to look into it!

Rob Gow

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »

Hey Rob, I am a Warehouse Manager for an A/V company and I am currently upgrading a local church with a "somewhat similar" setup. How easy is it to use the DMXIS interface v. something like Jands Vista V2 (Byron) or Elation's "Compu Live" software?
I have used the Compu Live some in the past, and I very proficient with Jands Vista V1 and V2 and I am wondering how DMXIS is better or differs or if it is easier to interact with.

Hi. I'm pretty new to lighting, other than an Obey70, DMXIS is all I've used for lighting. I'm more of a sound guy by trade, moving into lighting and doing what I can with it.

Whats your setup/strike times looking like?

What are you using for ground support?

It seems to take between an hour and a half to 2 hours to get everything up on the truss. Safety cables, DMX & AC ran to everything.

These are the stands I'm using:

http://www.axemusic.com/store/product/9144/Players-Choice-DLC001-Light-Stand-13%27-180lbs-capacity%2C-steel-construction%2C-with-tilter-leg-feature-for-leveling./

With these T-Bars on the top.
http://www.axemusic.com/store/product/9146/Players-Choice-Truss-Holder-T-Bar-for-DLC001-Lighting-Stand/

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:17:59 AM by Rob Gow »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.