Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

RCF Sub 8004-AS ????

(1/4) > >>

Rick Alan:
Looking for an amazing powered sub for small events.  Does anyone have any experience with this sub.  RCF is saying its the best single 18 they have ever made.

Art Welter:

--- Quote from: Rick Alan on August 29, 2013, 11:37:36 PM ---Looking for an amazing powered sub for small events.  Does anyone have any experience with this sub.  RCF is saying its the best single 18 they have ever made.

--- End quote ---
The 8004-AS probably uses the RCF LF18X401, which best fits the description of the driver used.

With a respectable 11.5mm Xmax, the LF18X401 is capable of  "a serious amount of low frequency" as the spec sheet mentions.
However, to hit 136 dB with 2500 (peak) watts would require a sensitivity of over 103 dB.
Using RCF's chart showing the  LF18X401 in a reflex box with a net volume of 160 liters (similar size as the 8004-AS) it ranges from below 88 dB at 40 Hz to about 96 dB at 80 Hz, which would result in around  7-15 dB less than 136 dB using 2500 watts.

125 dB peak output would be a realistic expectation of the 8004-AS.

Marjan Milosevic:
Never liked any rcf subs. Also check out the graphs on them, they seem like they use the same graph for all of them.

Peter Morris:

--- Quote from: Rick Alan on August 29, 2013, 11:37:36 PM ---Looking for an amazing powered sub for small events.  Does anyone have any experience with this sub.  RCF is saying its the best single 18 they have ever made.

--- End quote ---

Hi Rick,

I have both the 8001s and 8003s. I have not heard the 8004 but I suspect it will perform slightly better than either of these.  The 8001s & 8003s are great little subs, they donít go extremely low but are tight and punchy and sound great. For what they are I suspect they will be one of the better options for a powered box of that size and price Ė Iíve not found anything better in OZ.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Marjan Milosevic on August 31, 2013, 10:12:20 AM ---Never liked any rcf subs. Also check out the graphs on them, they seem like they use the same graph for all of them.

--- End quote ---

Marjan -

Please stop commenting on competitor's products.  It's the number one rule here.  You are a manufacturer, and must abide by the rules as such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version