ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF 8005-AS - Thoughts?  (Read 3230 times)

Samuel Silva

RCF 8005-AS - Thoughts?
« on: June 15, 2015, 09:08:47 am »

Hi, guys! I've been looking to purchase this sub for some time now. It's a difficult decision to make as I haven't seen a review from anyone, on the 'net or otherwise.

So has anyone purchased or seen the 8005-AS in action? What are your thoughts? Also, how many people could this one sub tend to?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Justin Waters

Re: RCF 8005-AS - Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:53:05 pm »

Hi, guys! I've been looking to purchase this sub for some time now. It's a difficult decision to make as I haven't seen a review from anyone, on the 'net or otherwise.

So has anyone purchased or seen the 8005-AS in action? What are your thoughts? Also, how many people could this one sub tend to?

Thanks in advance.  :)

I havent heard the 8005's, but I have a pair of the 8004's.  Looks like the 5005's will go a little lower and a little louder.  They do get pretty loud and they sound great.  I did an event (not a live band, just playback music) in a roller hockey rink that was approx 200'x100', with the subs clustered in the middle of the 200' wall, with probably 50' peak in the ceiling.  My iPhone measured 105ish dB pretty much in the entire room once you got on the other side of the glass. 

So I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. 

Samuel Silva

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:11:44 pm »

I havent heard the 8005's, but I have a pair of the 8004's.  Looks like the 5005's will go a little lower and a little louder.  They do get pretty loud and they sound great.  I did an event (not a live band, just playback music) in a roller hockey rink that was approx 200'x100', with the subs clustered in the middle of the 200' wall, with probably 50' peak in the ceiling.  My iPhone measured 105ish dB pretty much in the entire room once you got on the other side of the glass. 

So I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

Firstly, thank you for responding!

Secondly, I finally purchased an RCF 8005-AS, and while the lower bass sounds amazing and pretty damn loud even from far away, the beat or bass kick from EDM songs sound ... wet and "splashy". This is my first high powered sub so I don't know if this is what distortion sounds like. Is this normal? It doesn't sound particularly pleasant and it produces this sound regardless of volume.

Do your 8004s have this "splashy" or "thuddy" sound?

Also, bare in mind that I don't live in the US, and where I live I managed to find only one store that sold it at a reasonable price, but this store is very far from my house so I couldn't hear it in person nor can I send it back without confirming that something is wrong with it.

Thanks in advance!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:11:44 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.