ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Failure an Hour Before Wedding Job  (Read 67655 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: X32 Failure an Hour Before Wedding Job
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2013, 12:29:32 PM »

So... as a quick start, http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-LS606M-Conditioner-Outlet/dp/B00006B83G/ref=pd_sim_e_4 and a UPS?  Or just the LS606M... ?

I want to be able to sell the X32 in good conscious that it works... this was a power issue at the club... and move on to the GLD80, which I regret not doing initially.

It's up to you.  You can go with inexpensive but effective voltage regulation like the baby unit linked above or you can go all the way to fully professional, heavy-duty, heavy to cart rack mountable in-line UPS.  Used price about 3-4X the little regulator, full price between $1200 and $2K.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Doug Moran

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »

It's up to you.  You can go with inexpensive but effective voltage regulation like the baby unit linked above or you can go all the way to fully professional, heavy-duty, heavy to cart rack mountable in-line UPS.  Used price about 3-4X the little regulator, full price between $1200 and $2K.

I bought a used Tripp Lite SMART750RM1U Smart Pro 750VA 450 Watts 1U Rackmount.  50 pounds, 1 rack unit.   Works great.   Used it last weekend at a new venue, and by luck, plugged it into a circuit with a bad GFI circuit.  The Tripp Lite kept alarming, and we thought it was the unit itself.  Perhaps it already paid for itself.  I am running the X32 and two S16 boxes off to it. 

$25 on eBay.  $50 to ship.  The seller has another one up for sale there if it hits your needs. 

Doug

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »

So the difference between the 1 space unit I posted the one you posted (Dick) is one is in line and one isn't?

Looked at Tripp's site and they do have different grades of UPS's. Interesting

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/ups-battery-backup-types.cfm

<edit - Tripp calls it "On-Line", not "in line">
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:08:10 PM by Steve Hurt »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

So the difference between the 1 space unit I posted the one you posted (Dick) is one is in line and one isn't?

Looked at Tripp's site and they do have different grades of UPS's. Interesting

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/ups-battery-backup-types.cfm

<edit - Tripp calls it "On-Line", not "in line">

Sounds like you've got it sussed.

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »

I'm using a EATON 3S with no issues whatsoever, but thinking of a rack unit and this one seems nice at a reasonable price: http://www.powerwalker.com/datasheet/Online/PowerWalker%20VFI%201000RT%20LCD.pdf

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »

I was rooting around on amazon and tripp makes some light duty UPS's that have absolutely awful customer reviews.  I wonder at what point the quality kicks in.

This looks decent if it does what it's supposed to
(AVR and UPS in a 1 sp rack)

http://www.amazon.com/TRIPP-SMART500RT1U-6-OUTLET-500VA-SYSTEM/dp/B009U8TABS

I have one of those units powering my LS9 and HD24.  It has worked well for a few years (light use though).  I haven't done any performance testing on its AVR abilities but having a UPS in that form factor is quite handy and has saved me more than once.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2013, 03:16:08 PM »

I have one of those units powering my LS9 and HD24.  It has worked well for a few years (light use though).  I haven't done any performance testing on its AVR abilities but having a UPS in that form factor is quite handy and has saved me more than once.

Corey, et al...

Three of us got together a couple of weeks ago and did some extensive testing of several TrippLite units, a Furman AR-1215 and my Honda EU2000 inverter generator...as well as a "office supply store" UPS.  Very interesting results. 

I'll look for the in/out specs on the little TrippLite and post them ASAP.

Ed Lohr

• Live Wire Sound Systems
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »

Media Matrix has been selling a DSP engine for a long time, while the target market has not been live sound since that is a relatively small niche compared to the rest of fixed install audio business.

I suspect we are already seeing the evolution toward this with digital consoles.

Eventually more and more will move into the stage box, until there is no control surface left. Maybe a small FOH box. 

JR

I've been mixing live sound without physical faders for a couple years now.

SAC >>

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »

$25 on eBay.  $50 to ship.  The seller has another one up for sale there if it hits your needs. 

Thank you!

Three of us got together a couple of weeks ago and did some extensive testing of several TrippLite units, a Furman AR-1215 and my Honda EU2000 inverter generator...as well as a "office supply store" UPS. 

I have done 4 jobs this summer powering the X32 off my Honda EU2000 on idle mode.  It was very happy.  Should it not be?

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »

I've been mixing live sound without physical faders for a couple years now.

SAC >>

Ed,
That's a nice SAC rig.  Is that a shure UC series wireless I spot in the CPU rack?  Is it just a wireless or does it serve some other purpose being with the CPU?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.