ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brain fart - qu16 mix out options  (Read 3196 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Brain fart - qu16 mix out options
« on: June 23, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »

Having a brain fart but not even sure I am asking for something that can be done.... QU16 mix outs. 

I was just having a conversation with one of the members and it reminded me of a question I have needed to get an answer to.

I use mixes 1-4 for monitors. I have been using 5/6 and 7/8 for a couple extra FXs and I use 9/10 for aux sub when I add it to the system( not very often).

As 6-10 are stereo outs, is there not a way to separate each pair to use as 2 separate outputs? My console has 10 mix outs but does it really? Could I actually ever use the 10 mixes as 10 separate monitor auxes if I wanted to?
I have looked into routing options  on the QU16 a couple of times but cannot find out if or how it can be done.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Brain fart - qu16 mix out options
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:31:58 PM »

Having a brain fart but not even sure I am asking for something that can be done.... QU16 mix outs. 

I was just having a conversation with one of the members and it reminded me of a question I have needed to get an answer to.

I use mixes 1-4 for monitors. I have been using 5/6 and 7/8 for a couple extra FXs and I use 9/10 for aux sub when I add it to the system( not very often).

As 6-10 are stereo outs, is there not a way to separate each pair to use as 2 separate outputs? My console has 10 mix outs but does it really? Could I actually ever use the 10 mixes as 10 separate monitor auxes if I wanted to?
I have looked into routing options  on the QU16 a couple of times but cannot find out if or how it can be done.

Sorry, but not literally.

The only work-around might be running mains in mono via the alt outs and using channel panning to separate the stereo outs into pseudo pairs.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:47:46 PM »

Sorry, but not literally.

The only work-around might be running mains in mono via the alt outs and using channel panning to separate the stereo outs into pseudo pairs.
Thanks Dick - so I was looking for something that doesn't exist the way I want it to .... Story of my life! ......Sometimes I can be SO needy!

One more thing.... If I swap out 1,2 and 3 mono mix outs with say mix 6/7, mix 7/8 and mix 9/10 instead, would I then be able to provide stereo mixes to 3 of the musicians iem systems if I choose to run the receivers in stereo mode? I've been using the iems in dual mono so far with excellent results but if I add more iem systems, would this be a way to run them stereo without assigning more than 1 mix out per player??  Sorry if I did not explain that well....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:51:49 PM »

Thanks Dick - so I was looking for something that doesn't exist the way I want it to .... Story of my life! ......Sometimes I can be SO needy!

One more thing.... If I swap out 1,2 and 3 mono mix outs with say mix 6/7, mix 7/8 and mix 9/10 instead, would I then be able to provide stereo mixes to 3 of the musicians iem systems if I choose to run the receivers in stereo mode? I've been using the iems in dual mono so far with excellent results but if I add more iem systems, would this be a way to run them stereo without assigning more than 1 mix out per player??  Sorry if I did not explain that well....

Yes, you understand the mono/stereo aux swapping.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »

Yes, you understand the mono/stereo aux swapping.

Good to hear .. Thank you Sensei .....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.