ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: recomendations for short throw projector  (Read 7403 times)

Tamar Ghobria

recomendations for short throw projector
« on: August 21, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »

looking to purchase 4-6 short throw projectors for corporate a/v on 6x9 screens....I currently own an nec 3000 lumen ultra short throw....great as far as distance and coverage but not as bright as I like it...suggestions please?

Tony Mitchell

• Event PA Hire
Re: recomendations for short throw projector
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

looking to purchase 4-6 short throw projectors for corporate a/v on 6x9 screens....I currently own an nec 3000 lumen ultra short throw....great as far as distance and coverage but not as bright as I like it...suggestions please?

do you mean 16:9 screens?
we are getting good results with the Panasonic PT-EX/EW/WZ range, with the ELT-W21 0.8:1 lens. 5,000/6,000 lumens, good i/o panel, no SDI though.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »

Your consultant, contractor or the dealer from whom you plan to purchase the projectors should be able to help you select an appropriate solution, however they may ask if you can provide any more details such as what image size(s) you need from what distance(s), whether you want a particular resolution, what signal inputs you need to support, the budget and so on?  Are you okay with ultra-short throw projectors that have to be at a very specific location relative to the screen based on the image size or are you looking for something with some flexibility in the projector location? 

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »

Your consultant, contractor or the dealer from whom you plan to purchase the projectors should be able to help you select an appropriate solution, however they may ask if you can provide any more details such as what image size(s) you need from what distance(s), whether you want a particular resolution, what signal inputs you need to support, the budget and so on?  Are you okay with ultra-short throw projectors that have to be at a very specific location relative to the screen based on the image size or are you looking for something with some flexibility in the projector location?

The screens are 6x9 da lite fast folds....I would need both VGA and HDMI inputs...distance should be no more than 5 feet...

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:28:30 PM »

The screens are 6x9 da lite fast folds....I would need both VGA and HDMI inputs...distance should be no more than 5 feet...
6'x9' is a 1.5:1 ratio, so that is not a standard video format, which makes it a bit difficult to know what resolution and format you are looking to support.

Assuming 4:3 format and the 6' height, thus a 6' high by 8' wide image, here are some options.  Assuming 16:9 or 16:10 format and the 9' width, thus a 5.06' to 5.63' high by 9' wide image, here is an option.  All but the latter option are not going to be much, if at all, brighter than your current projector.

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »

6'x9' is a 1.5:1 ratio, so that is not a standard video format, which makes it a bit difficult to know what resolution and format you are looking to support.

Assuming 4:3 format and the 6' height, thus a 6' high by 8' wide image, here are some options.  Assuming 16:9 or 16:10 format and the 9' width, thus a 5.06' to 5.63' high by 9' wide image, here is an option.  All but the latter option are not going to be much, if at all, brighter than your current projector.

The 6x9 Screen is not a definite...What would be your suggestion to something similar in size...I like the widescreen screens

Tony Mitchell

• Event PA Hire
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »

...so why do you want an 8'x6' or similar size image?   Would plasma displays not be a better way to go?

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »

...so why do you want an 8'x6' or similar size image?   Would plasma displays not be a better way to go?

The room is too big for plasmas...I like to get some high powered dual lamp projectors with short throw lenses...any suggestions?

Tony Mitchell

• Event PA Hire
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

The room is too big for plasmas...I like to get some high powered dual lamp projectors with short throw lenses...any suggestions?

You're missing the point.   You have indicated people will be VIEWING the image at no more than 5ft, hence my suggestion that plasmas may be more suitable, which, incidentally come in many different sizes.

Tamar Ghobria

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »

You're missing the point.   You have indicated people will be VIEWING the image at no more than 5ft, hence my suggestion that plasmas may be more suitable, which, incidentally come in many different sizes.

5 ft is the distance I want from projector to screen...the people will be further away

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.