ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ENTRY LEVEL PROJECTORS?  (Read 3451 times)

James A. Griffin

ENTRY LEVEL PROJECTORS?
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »

I'm looking for projectors in the 5000 lumen range for corporate meetings, usually shooting on 9x12 rear screens for audiences of 600-1000.    Rooms aren't usually fullly lit, but not totally dark either.

Is it unrealistic to expect to find a decent projector in the $800-1200 range?  Used is ok with me.    Suggestions as to what I should be looking at?

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: ENTRY LEVEL PROJECTORS?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »

Not considering budget, here's 122 possible options.  If you start adding in other criteria such as a desired throw distance, whether you want a zoom lens or lens shift, any desired resolution, etc. that should start narrowing down the available options.  But add a $800 to $1,200 price range and you get this, no projectors found.  If you increase the budget a bit you get a few options so maybe some shopping around will get something that works in that range.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »

I'm looking for projectors in the 5000 lumen range for corporate meetings, usually shooting on 9x12 rear screens for audiences of 600-1000.    Rooms aren't usually fullly lit, but not totally dark either.
I do setups exactly like that for a living and, in my experience, a projector less than ~10,000 lumens just isn't bright enough to get the contrast I need.  I've tried it with 5ks and 8ks, but have not been satisfied with anything less than 10ks.

Is it unrealistic to expect to find a decent projector in the $800-1200 range?  Used is ok with me.    Suggestions as to what I should be looking at?
I believe it is, yes.  I believe it is unrealistic to expect to find even a used (and still usable) 3,000-lumen projector for that little amount of money.

Eiki/Sanyo, Christie, Panasonic, and NEC are brands I would consider looking at.  NoteVision has some nice smaller ones, too…no clue how road-worthy they are, though.

My church just bought a Sony 8k that I'll be helping install next week; I'll try to remember to post back my thoughts (different scenario than yours…front screen, long-throw lens, retractable ~15' -wide screen).
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 25 queries.