ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 139979 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »

Qu-Drive Multitrack Recording:
I recorded a show last night using the Qu-Drive Multitrack Direct to Drive. When I listened this morning I was surprised to hear all the dynamic processing had been recorded along with the tracks. Unfortunately, I was working with the Qu-Pad Remote App and couldn't cue up the drums in the headphones. As a result, the recorded, gated drum tracks are less than ideal.

I was poking around the menus and manual today looking for a way to record "Dry Tracks" on the USB Buss. Under Routing -> Channel Routing, there is a Listbox labeled "Global Direct Output Settings". You can select different points along the signal chain from the drop-down.

Will this change the source for the recording? If so, will it also change the source for the effect sends? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

That should get you the "dry tracks".  The only way it effects the effects sends is if you're using the alternate method of using the DO's to feed the FX engines.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »

Okay humor me.
If you wanted to send the Main L/R signal out digitally and then return it completely un-affected, how would you go about it? Why? You might ask? So I can assign it to an aux buss, set the delay and use it to drive delay speakers with a signal that follows the Main Fader.
Would you use a computer and DAW software to simply assign an input and output channel? A plug-in, a piece of hardware?

I used it this weekend by plugging the Alt Out into the Stereo One in but I don't like doing it that way. It makes me nervous.
Marty America
Chaska, MN

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2014, 02:54:14 PM »

Okay humor me.
If you wanted to send the Main L/R signal out digitally and then return it completely un-affected, how would you go about it? Why? You might ask? So I can assign it to an aux buss, set the delay and use it to drive delay speakers with a signal that follows the Main Fader.
Would you use a computer and DAW software to simply assign an input and output channel? A plug-in, a piece of hardware?

I used it this weekend by plugging the Alt Out into the Stereo One in but I don't like doing it that way. It makes me nervous.

If you're going to send signal out to something, why not just make that unit a delay or some other unit which incorporates delay?

The way you're doing it will work, but I understand why you'd be concerned.  You could also use one in/out on your DSP to feed your delays if you have it to spare.

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »

If there is a delay that returns a completely "Wet" signal with no hint of the original, that would do. However, if you use the delay on the mixer, you can control and adjust it with the iPad. It's so nice to simply stand by the delay and wave your magic finger across the Qu-Pad app.
Marty America
Chaska, MN

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2014, 03:51:31 PM »

If there is a delay that returns a completely "Wet" signal with no hint of the original, that would do. However, if you use the delay on the mixer, you can control and adjust it with the iPad. It's so nice to simply stand by the delay and wave your magic finger across the Qu-Pad app.

I was talking about a "real" delay, not a delay effect device.  But then I still set my delay speakers by pacing off the distance from the mains and adding 5ms.

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:25 PM »

Are we the only two people that read this thread?

My Qu-16 is on its way to the repair depot (American Music and Sound in MS) for an ECO to fix the popping sound that it makes when you plug a mic in even when muted. It's a known issue with the earlier production models but A&H Tech Support has been very gracious. They're going to cover the fix including shipping charges.
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »

Are we the only two people that read this thread?

My Qu-16 is on its way to the repair depot (American Music and Sound in MS) for an ECO to fix the popping sound that it makes when you plug a mic in even when muted. It's a known issue with the earlier production models but A&H Tech Support has been very gracious. They're going to cover the fix including shipping charges.

That happened to me a couple of times but I blamed myself and moved on. Then when I updated to v 1.3 it was no longer a problem. Would the firmware update make a difference or have I just not noticed any issues since???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »

That happened to me a couple of times but I blamed myself and moved on. Then when I updated to v 1.3 it was no longer a problem. Would the firmware update make a difference or have I just not noticed any issues since???
According to the release notes in V1.3, the problem is with very early models but they don't publish a list of specific serial numbers.

When I used it this weekend, I only noticed it when I unplugged certain mics. The RODE NT-1A was the worst. I had several AKG C1000 that made minor clicks and the Countryman DI's and SM-58's seemed to have no issues. I had a mute group set up to mute all but an emcee mic during changeovers.

I do think it is not as bad as it was when I first received the board but like you, I thought it might be my imagination.
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2014, 09:05:03 PM »

According to the release notes in V1.3, the problem is with very early models but they don't publish a list of specific serial numbers.

When I used it this weekend, I only noticed it when I unplugged certain mics. The RODE NT-1A was the worst. I had several AKG C1000 that made minor clicks and the Countryman DI's and SM-58's seemed to have no issues. I had a mute group set up to mute all but an emcee mic during changeovers.

I do think it is not as bad as it was when I first received the board but like you, I thought it might be my imagination.

I just read the firmware release notes again for the V1.3 release. It does state that the problem is with condenser mics and to turn off the 48v before plugging in or unplugging. However, I feel it has happened with my dynamics too (my 58's). But like I said, I haven't noticed it recently (since the firmware upgrade).....I'm going to pay attention next time I use it..

However, if the fix was simply the firmware update, A & H would have told you and wouldn't be paying for repair right? Or are they just being vigilant because they want to make sure as a courtesy.???
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2014, 09:11:34 PM »

I just read the firmware release notes again for the V1.3 release. It does state that the problem is with condenser mics and to turn off the 48v before plugging in or unplugging. However, I feel it has happened with my dynamics too (my 58's). But like I said, I haven't noticed it recently (since the firmware upgrade).....I'm going to pay attention next time I use it..

However, if the fix was simply the firmware update, A & H would have told you and wouldn't be paying for repair right? Or are they just being vigilant because they want to make sure as a courtesy.???
I'm not certain what their motivation might be but I contacted support with my serial number and they passed my info on to their authorized repair facility. They sent me a form to fill out and today they sent me an RMA number along with a shipping label. It left this afternoon. Not sure when I'll get it back but they said it's a simple fix.
Marty America
Chaska, MN

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2014, 09:11:34 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.