ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 140724 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »

I already own an Ilive t112/idr32 mixing system, just some wishful thinking..look's like expression here I come...and I will put myself in the icky Bin.

Don't blame the equipment.  It took me a minute to print out the USB stick recommendations, a minute to format the stick, a minute to download the update and 5 minutes to update the console.  I'm a Luddite and have no experience with iLive, GLD or anything else.  If I can do it, anyone should be able to.  You must not have been following instructions.

And it's Iggy....not icky.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Kim Guibord

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2013, 07:48:11 PM »

Don't blame the equipment.  It took me a minute to print out the USB stick recommendations, a minute to format the stick, a minute to download the update and 5 minutes to update the console.  I'm a Luddite and have no experience with iLive, GLD or anything else.  If I can do it, anyone should be able to.  You must not have been following instructions.

And it's Iggy....not icky.
Take a chill pill dude

Brian Jones

• Modesto, CA
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »

Go to the Qu-16 page on the A&H website and look for the trail that'll take you to the "recommended USB media" info.  There are perhaps 10 sticks that will work. 

Link to pdf at bottom of this page... http://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/774/201/qu-drive--understanding-qu-drive-and-usb

Mike Ottinger

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »

Link to pdf at bottom of this page... http://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/774/201/qu-drive--understanding-qu-drive-and-usb
I could not get my QU-16 to recognise any of my usb drives.  I powered down the mixer inserted the usb drive then turned the power on.  It then read the drive and allowed me to format it, copy software to it and update the console.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »

I could not get my QU-16 to recognise any of my usb drives.  I powered down the mixer inserted the usb drive then turned the power on.  It then read the drive and allowed me to format it, copy software to it and update the console.

I pulled the drive and re-inserted it with the board powered up and it worked.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »

Take a chill pill dude

I don't do drugs.

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2013, 01:11:22 AM »

I used my QU-16 and the QU-Pad App for the first time tonight It could not have gone better. It's a great board. I played walk-in music from a USB Stick and recorded the entire show to a USB Hard-drive. The recording is flawless. Set and forget!

I haven't quite figured out how to set up the custom layer on the mixer. I assigned some channels but I couldn't figure out how to unassign them. The instructions are rather vague.

On the QU-Pad app, there are two custom layers that are simple to use. That was very handy!
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Derek D Sanchez

• DDSProductions.
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2013, 03:40:46 AM »

would the app work with the ipad mini? I cant tell on the allen and heath website if they showing a mini or full size ipad in the pictures, looks like a mini but cant really tell. I am buying this board, i already have the mixwizard and use it alot. Thanks Derek

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2013, 03:49:38 AM »

would the app work with the ipad mini? I cant tell on the allen and heath website if they showing a mini or full size ipad in the pictures, looks like a mini but cant really tell. I am buying this board, i already have the mixwizard and use it alot. Thanks Derek

According to Apple, anything that is made for an Ipad, will work on the Ipad mini. http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/from-the-app-store/

Do you already own an Ipad, or are you planning to buy one?

I think I would rather spend a bit more and buy an Ipad 2 (or an Ipad Retina if you can afford it) with a larger screen if you intend to do a lot of remote mixing.
... just my 2 cents  :)

- George

Derek D Sanchez

• DDSProductions.
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2013, 04:05:29 AM »

I am going to buy one either a ipad mini or ipad two, my daughter has the mini and i really that its more portable and lighter than the full size one once you put a heavy duty case on it. I am going to download the app on her mini to see how it looks if i can pry it out of her hands. Thanks Derek

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2013, 04:05:29 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.