ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 140669 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »

From what I have been seeing it leaves me to ask why they have not completed the software coding and provide this with the product. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NauOTeKRGjs
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2013, 10:12:22 AM »

Allen & Heath has the QU-Pad App on the Apple Website. I can see it with my computer but I can't see it with my iPad (in the App Store).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qu-pad/id699450314
I got it but I had to navigate to this link with my iPad and click on the Free Button to install it.

You'll need the new firmware to use it. It is also available on the QU-16 Website
http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Qu16&ProductId=Qu16

I installed the firmware update on the mixer and the QU-Pad app on my iPad. I plugged in my Apple Airport Express Router and it all seems to be working fine!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:43:33 AM by Marty America »
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Kev Jones

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »

It's not just the iPad app that's available... release V1.10 of the mixer's software is available.

Go to
http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?catId=Qu16&ProductId=Qu16
and click on the software tab section... and you can download a PDF that explains the new features etc.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »

It's not just the iPad app that's available... release V1.10 of the mixer's software is available.

Go to
http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?catId=Qu16&ProductId=Qu16
and click on the software tab section... and you can download a PDF that explains the new features etc.
This firmware also enables the digital snake function, use of the ME-1 Personal Monitor boxes, custom layer functionality, and a few other things.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »

This firmware also enables the digital snake function, use of the ME-1 Personal Monitor boxes, custom layer functionality, and a few other things.

YEE-HAW!!!!!

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »

WHOOOHOOO!!

Can't wait to try the new features. However, I think I'll wait till after tomorrow-night's gig.

I assume that the upgrade process will go smooth, but you never know  :)

It's all there: custom layer, scene & global safes, usb data backup, yeah!!!!!!

- George

Kim Guibord

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »

Scott,  to the best of my knowledge, the QU-16 will work with an AR2412, or the AR84 when the feature is turned on in a firmware update.  MAP on the AR2412 is $2199, MAP on the AR84 is $1099.
It will probably work, But will not make this a 24 channel board, in the latest firmware documentation it states that this will "NOT" make this a 24 channel board, I thought that it would, I was at the store for 2 hours just trying for this board to update the firmware, even with 2 different "formatted" sticks it would not recognize and thus would not upgrade the firmware.. Just a bit disappointed.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2013, 05:32:58 PM »

It will probably work, But will not make this a 24 channel board, in the latest firmware documentation it states that this will "NOT" make this a 24 channel board, I thought that it would, I was at the store for 2 hours just trying for this board to update the firmware, even with 2 different "formatted" sticks it would not recognize and thus would not upgrade the firmware.. Just a bit disappointed.

Go to the Qu-16 page on the A&H website and look for the trail that'll take you to the "recommended USB media" info.  There are perhaps 10 sticks that will work. 

Other than that, the 2412 will give you 19 mono channels, or 16 mono and 3 stereo.  That's still more than 16.  I, too, would love for it to expand to the full 24, but I got this as a 16 channel desk and at that it is brilliant.  I have other desks for 24 or 32 channels.  I just really wanted a small, comprehensive desk for the bulk of my work.

If you want more, get a GLD.

mike mullin

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »

What you said Dick .
+1

Cheers,
Mike Mullin

Go to the Qu-16 page on the A&H website and look for the trail that'll take you to the "recommended USB media" info.  There are perhaps 10 sticks that will work. 

Other than that, the 2412 will give you 19 mono channels, or 16 mono and 3 stereo.  That's still more than 16.  I, too, would love for it to expand to the full 24, but I got this as a 16 channel desk and at that it is brilliant.  I have other desks for 24 or 32 channels.  I just really wanted a small, comprehensive desk for the bulk of my work.

Cheers,
Mike Mullin
Ottawa Ontario

Kim Guibord

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »

I already own an Ilive t112/idr32 mixing system, just some wishful thinking..look's like expression here I come...and I will put myself in the icky Bin.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2013, 07:28:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.