ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 140720 times)

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
Re: Qu-16 Users / ISO Android App
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »

Let's not forget that the mention of the downward expansion was part of an entire set of features cited as reasons why the SLive makes a great "on-stage" mixer.  Great feature set for the stated use and perhaps the best price going for that particular usage.

Care to mention the others???
I'm not disagreeing with your recommendation; quite the contrary.  I think it's an excellent choice for an on-stage mixer.

I'm not well versed in low-end digital, but I do know that the X32 has downward expanders, as well (just set the channel comp to EXP).  I use them often.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »

Dick,
How are you doing with the QU-16? Any regrets?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 08:29:53 AM »

Dick,

Shared a NOT happy thought, better left alone.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:32:23 AM by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »

Dick,

Only one:

I regret that I haven't had the use of this console for the last 20 years.

I'm a happy camper and anticipate more joy with the feature updates.  Hope you're getting on as well with your choice of the Soundcraft.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »

Only one:

I'm a happy camper and anticipate more joy with the feature updates.  Hope you're getting on as well with your choice of the Soundcraft.

Completly agree, I wish I had the QU-16 years ago. Very straight forward work flow. FX sound awesome. With only 3 weeks on this console I am very comfortable navigating around. My guys stated an improvement with stereo in-ears with slight paning. some of the LEDs are hard to see in direct sunlight and I once moved a fader while on the wrong layer. A huge step up from the SL 16.4.2. love the fader flip for graphic EQ and seeing all mixes on faders I really dig. anticipating the IPAD app which I got really comfortable with on the SL. Debating the GLD-AR2412 digi snake.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »

Completly agree, I wish I had the QU-16 years ago. Very straight forward work flow. FX sound awesome. With only 3 weeks on this console I am very comfortable navigating around. My guys stated an improvement with stereo in-ears with slight paning. some of the LEDs are hard to see in direct sunlight and I once moved a fader while on the wrong layer. A huge step up from the SL 16.4.2. love the fader flip for graphic EQ and seeing all mixes on faders I really dig. anticipating the IPAD app which I got really comfortable with on the SL. Debating the GLD-AR2412 digi snake.

What speakers are you using here?

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »

What speakers are you using here?

QSC KLA12s up top 2 per side, 4 danley TH-minis center clusterd on powersoft k3s.  Compact /Clean / Loud. My favorite setup so far.

Entire rig fits in GMC Terrain.

Richard Penrose

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2013, 02:03:37 PM »

I'm a happy camper and anticipate more joy with the feature updates. 

I was speaking to one of the main guys who designed this desk and he said their is a little more space in the DSP architecture to add more effects from the iLive and features. Will be very interesting to see what gets added in the future!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

Only one:

I feel the same Dick and I'm very glad I/we waited for the first round to end before jumping into this pond. I'll be having a fire sale on analog outboard gear soon and somebody just getting into sound will be a very happy camper when I do.

I don't see too many differences between your choice and mine, and I'll bet one of each would make for one hell of an FOH plus monitor rig. What I do wish my Soundcraft had (without having to use the option port) would be recording to USB. I'm more than fine that the feature isn't native to the board, and knew that going in as the board is sold as a live sound board.

I have noticed that I have a more colorful board in appearance, and I'll bet you wish your faders changed color, which is a good thing for us old guys.

I put some time on a QU-16 last week. You made a good choice old man. Have fun. ;)
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »

From what I have been seeing it leaves me to ask why they have not completed the software coding and provide this with the product.  Having a great computer and waiting on the software seems like they did not develope this or that there is some coding issues that were not easy.  The delay in the software coding could lead to bugs and promises broken. 

So Far I am happy to hear and see that it is working very well and getting good reviews.   I will keep watching and getting things together for my move to digital. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.