ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 139889 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2014, 10:23:29 PM »

I'm not certain what their motivation might be but I contacted support with my serial number and they passed my info on to their authorized repair facility. They sent me a form to fill out and today they sent me an RMA number along with a shipping label. It left this afternoon. Not sure when I'll get it back but they said it's a simple fix.

Good to know they have handled this well. I am pleased I bought the QU16....the high level of customer support is well documented...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Some Questions for Qu-16 users
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »

I'm looking at adding a new small digital console to my inventory soon, and at the moment, the QU-16 looks like the most likely candidate.

I've read through all 20 pages of this thread, as well as downloading and skimming the relevant parts of the owners manual and the block diagram.  It appears that the most recent firmware (1.3) may have addressed some of the early concerns expressed in this thread.  Can anybody using the current firmware confirm any of these points?

1. Is Tap Tempo now available on the iPad app?  The manual indicates that it is, but apparently it wasn't available earlier in the product's life.

2. Are FX1 and FX2 the only buses that can be assigned to a mute group?  I like to be able to mute the sends going to FX rather than the returns (gated reverb is sooo '80s).  That will work for two FX (which is probably fine), but not the other two.

3. Can mono channels be stereo linked?  I found a reference to that in the pan pot section (6.7), but it's unclear whether than refers to channels that are already stereo pairs, or channels that you have paired yourself.

4. Is there a way to apply a HPF to output buses?  They have PEQ and GEQ, but you appear to only have the option of peaking or shelving for the outside bands' shapes.  A HPF in the GEQ would work too, but if it's there, I couldn't find it.  This is useful for outputs which are basically copies of the main mix, but need reduced low end (front fill, delay speakers, etc.).

Thanks,

GTD

mike mullin

Re: Some Questions for Qu-16 users
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »

Hi Geoff,
1. Don't know for sure but I think you can access tap tempo from the iPad.
2. You can mute all 4 returns, but at this point not the sends.
3. Yes they can be linked, in the processing section for each channel.
4. not a proper high pass but you can create a high pass of sorts in the PEQ

This is a great sounding, powerful little mixer with a great future (software upgrades)

cheers,
Mike

I'm looking at adding a new small digital console to my inventory soon, and at the moment, the QU-16 looks like the most likely candidate.

I've read through all 20 pages of this thread, as well as downloading and skimming the relevant parts of the owners manual and the block diagram.  It appears that the most recent firmware (1.3) may have addressed some of the early concerns expressed in this thread.  Can anybody using the current firmware confirm any of these points?

1. Is Tap Tempo now available on the iPad app?  The manual indicates that it is, but apparently it wasn't available earlier in the product's life.

2. Are FX1 and FX2 the only buses that can be assigned to a mute group?  I like to be able to mute the sends going to FX rather than the returns (gated reverb is sooo '80s).  That will work for two FX (which is probably fine), but not the other two.

3. Can mono channels be stereo linked?  I found a reference to that in the pan pot section (6.7), but it's unclear whether than refers to channels that are already stereo pairs, or channels that you have paired yourself.

4. Is there a way to apply a HPF to output buses?  They have PEQ and GEQ, but you appear to only have the option of peaking or shelving for the outside bands' shapes.  A HPF in the GEQ would work too, but if it's there, I couldn't find it.  This is useful for outputs which are basically copies of the main mix, but need reduced low end (front fill, delay speakers, etc.).

Thanks,

GTD
[/quote]
Cheers,
Mike Mullin
Ottawa Ontario

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Some Questions for Qu-16 users
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »

Thanks,

GTD

No tap tempo in the Qu-pad app yet.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Cotter

• Happy Dog Audio
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »

Hi folks.  Sorry for the newbie method of posting, but I found no other way. 

Any of you Qu users in the southern Illinois or St. Louis area?  If so, please contact [email protected]

Thanks!
john
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:48:06 AM by John Cotter »
John Cotter
Happy Dog Audio
Murphysboro, Illinois

Michael Kim

« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2014, 02:46:20 PM »

Does anybody use a gooseneck talkback mic with their Qu-16?

Right now I use a extra mic with a cable, but find it slows down my mixing because I need to hold it plus hold the talkback button, which makes it difficult to adjust while talking back.

I'm worried that because the input is in the back, a 18" gooseneck wouldn't be long enough (and some might not be flexible enough).

Thanks,
Michael

John Cotter

• Happy Dog Audio
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2014, 01:56:32 AM »

Hi folks.
Where is the best place to post for discussions with other QU owners/users?  Not wanna be's or off topic/thread, just fellow QU owners?
Thanks,
john
Happy Dog Audio
John Cotter
Happy Dog Audio
Murphysboro, Illinois

John Cotter

• Happy Dog Audio
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2014, 02:02:06 AM »

Right now I use a extra mic with a cable, but find it slows down my mixing because I need to hold it plus hold the talkback button, which makes it difficult to adjust while talking back.

I'm worried that because the input is in the back, a 18" gooseneck wouldn't be long enough (and some might not be flexible enough).

Thanks,
Michael

Either a short heavy weighted stand with boom or a headset.  Get an IPad and you won't need talkback, cause you'll be standing right next to the musicians on stage when you would have been using talkback.

john
Happy Dog Audio

john
Happy Dog Audio
John Cotter
Happy Dog Audio
Murphysboro, Illinois

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »

Hi folks.
Where is the best place to post for discussions with other QU owners/users?  Not wanna be's or off topic/thread, just fellow QU owners?
Thanks,
john
Happy Dog Audio

http://community.allen-heath.com/forums/forum/qu
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »

Thanks,
Michael

Michael...

Do you use your Qu free-standing or in a case?

I have used a gooseneck mic with a double-articulation ( AKG  gN50) and it's fine.  If you're using yours in a case, consider adding an XLR connector to the case in a spot which will work with the mic you want to use.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.