ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 140533 times)

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
Re: New Android App for QU-16 Users
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2013, 02:18:43 PM »

I managed to create an initial release of an Android tablet app, to remote control the Qu-16.

Visit my site for more info.

Thank you, from one of the remaining holdouts who have pledged to not buy Hon Hai/Foxconn-built iPads or other iProducts.
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2013, 05:33:26 PM »

Thank you, from one of the remaining holdouts who have pledged to not buy Hon Hai/Foxconn-built iPads or other iProducts.

Bumping this up to ask:

If you were to "expand" the scope of the Qu-16, what would you add, where, how and why?

I've almost weaned myself from my Graphi-Q's, but still have the rack with the AR1215 for voltage regulation.  I'm thinking about throwing in an Aphex 207 dual tube pre to feed into one of the stereo inputs...or one channel of each of ST1 and ST2, thereby getting access to two more routable inputs.

Could be for IEM ambient mics, drum OH's, keyboards or other "stereo" sources.  Anyone else have any ideas?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Expanded Scope of Qu-16
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »

Bumping this up to ask:

If you were to "expand" the scope of the Qu-16, what would you add, where, how and why?

Stepping out on a limb here and assuming this is what you're asking for...

The main way I'd like the mixer to be expanded would be more mono channels. The ability to mix all 24 channels of a connected AR2412 in addition to the onboard stereo inputs(or an equal number of onboard mic inputs) would make me much more inclined to buy one. Even if the added channels didn't have full processing(comps/gates) that would be fine; I'm on a 16 channel analog board right now and I couldn't see me buying a digital board without gaining some channels.

Other than that the Qu-16 looks like a pretty awesome board, I love how it will record multitrack direct to an external HDD.

Dick if this post is "crossing the line" with this thread I'll gladly delete the contents of this post; definitely not trying to step on any toes.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »

I wouldn't be so quick to judge; with Android tablets usually being cheaper but having the same amount of components, where do you think the cost savings comes from? Not saying Apple's manufacturers are perfect, but would guess that Android manufacturers have their share of horror stories. It's just not all concentrated in a few manufacturers.

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »

Version three of the QU-16 Manual with all of the 1.2 features at:
www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-16-User-Guide-AP9031_3.pdf‎
Marty America
Chaska, MN

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2013, 07:58:54 PM »

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Kev Jones

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2013, 06:35:57 AM »

After years of faithful service from an Allen and Heath GL2400, finally took the plunge and went digital with a QU-16.  Now I have to ramp up the learning curve asap for the band's next gig (I'll try not to ask you guys too many dumb questions!).

Also bought an Allen and Heath Zed 10 as a spare that I can take to gigs just in case I have a digital meltdown.  So the Zed is my 'insurance policy' that'll give me 4 vocals and a couple of stereos - and that would be enough for us to limp through the rest of a gig (and rely on the backline for everything else).  Feels a bit strange to buy a piece of kit that one hopes not to use... ever (as I'm obviously hoping we never have a digital meltdown).  That said... the Zed seems to be very solidly built for a small, low-cost mixer.  Yes, there are way cheaper small mixers out there... but I like Allen and Heath's quality... and I suspect the preamps may be in a different league compared with some other low-cost mixers.

Thanks to all the contributors on this forum... your comments on the various digital mixer options, over the past months, were very useful in helping me to make my choice.

Now back to reading the user manual (again) for the QU-16.....

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »

After years of faithful service from an Allen and Heath GL2400, finally took the plunge and went digital with a QU-16.  Now I have to ramp up the learning curve asap for the band's next gig (I'll try not to ask you guys too many dumb questions!).

Also bought an Allen and Heath Zed 10 as a spare that I can take to gigs just in case I have a digital meltdown.  So the Zed is my 'insurance policy' that'll give me 4 vocals and a couple of stereos - and that would be enough for us to limp through the rest of a gig (and rely on the backline for everything else).  Feels a bit strange to buy a piece of kit that one hopes not to use... ever (as I'm obviously hoping we never have a digital meltdown).  That said... the Zed seems to be very solidly built for a small, low-cost mixer.  Yes, there are way cheaper small mixers out there... but I like Allen and Heath's quality... and I suspect the preamps may be in a different league compared with some other low-cost mixers.

Thanks to all the contributors on this forum... your comments on the various digital mixer options, over the past months, were very useful in helping me to make my choice.

Now back to reading the user manual (again) for the QU-16.....

Welcome to the world of the QU16 !!
I LOVE mine.   I did the same thing and bought a back up mixer. I have a small Peavey PV 10 that I take around with me. The reviews on it were very good and it feels very well made. Needed on board effects to 'limp by'  if in a pinch. It gets used for rehearsal so it doesn't sit in a case all the time. I still have my mixwiz though and can't seem to let go yet...give me time.
Make sure you download the latest firmware on the QU16 as it does make a few more things available. Also you can get the current manual off the A & H website which covers all the changes.
Dick and Corey have helped me a lot so I am sure if you have any questions they will be there for you......Have Fun !!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »

Also bought an Allen and Heath Zed 10 as a spare that I can take to gigs just in case

If you want a handy hardcase for that zed 10, I found that this Gator model is a perfect fit. Mixer and cord fit snugly in the bottom and the tray gives you a place for adapters, DI or whatever.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/27168-1111/gav-ltofficetsa
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Kev Jones

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »

Debbie, thanks for the welcome to the world of QU-16s.  I have watched your journey from Mix Wiz to QU-16 over the past few months... and I've learnt from the questions you've asked and the answers you've received.  So thanks for that.
Like you... I'm not thinking of getting rid of my GL2400 anytime soon... or maybe even anytime at all.
Yes, my small backup mixer is very basic... but, as I've always been happy with my previous A&H, I thought I'd sort of stick with what I know.  I agree, Peavey has a history of making some good kit - and usually for a good price - so I'm sure that was a good choice.

Mike, thanks for the advice on the case.  I'm still trying to work out what to do for a case for the QU-16.  I don't want a full flight case (as I want to keep things as light as possible) - but I'd like something with a removable lid, so the mixer can sit on a solid base (otherwise the mixer's not going to sit well on my QuikLok mixer stand.

Lots to learn... but it's fun.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.