ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Touring Headliner/Opener Setup Etiquette  (Read 6927 times)

Bob Kidd

Re: Touring Headliner/Opener Setup Etiquette
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 11:43:37 PM »

Hello,

I have sort of a silly etiquette question regarding setup for a gig I have tonight. Basically the situation is this:

I am filling in for a house tech, have done sound here several times before, know the setup. It's a small room, small PA, 16.4.2 channel digital board. The headlining touring band in tonight has their own FOH engineer with them, sent me an input list and stage plot beforehand, the band requires 14 inputs, and will be sound checking BEFORE the openers do. My 2 main questions are this:

1) I am unclear as to if I am to be setting gear up beforehand if the touring tech is to be doing sound. Is that what is meant when the FOH guy says he will "need to advance tech

1) If I am already maxed out of inputs after sound checking the headliner, what is the 'normal' process for getting ready to sound check the openers? Do I just remove the mic lines from the snake and number them for later, or do I need to make arrangements for a whole additional snake, or do I just disconnect the lines and refer to the input list provided later?

I am no slouch when it comes to experience or knowledge, I am a fully trained engineer. It is a sensitive issue because my performance at this event is important to me as it may mean my future at this venue. Any help would be appreciated.

At a venue I run sound at this is a weekly event. Can be as little as main act and opener to give bands. Always ask for stage plots and input list from all bands to map out layout ahead of time. If headliner is handling their FOH it is usually on my console making it a lot easier to save everyones scenes. Good idea if possible is to have runners in place to make change over as smooth as possible and as others have mentioned label stage inputs so things do not get mixed up during change over. Organization is extremely important.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Touring Headliner/Opener Setup Etiquette
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 11:43:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.